Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Issues with Live training

Old
Issues with Live training - Wed Sep 03, 2014, 03:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi guys,

Been having issues recently trying to attend LT sessions. Its a big hassle of constantly refreshing both Firefox and Chrome, hoping that the browsers will get the LT screen to show properly instead of a list of members in the training on the left hand side of the screen where the agendas usually are and a blank main screen, with no way of communicating with anybody because theres no way to type in anything.

My browsers and plugins have been updated, I should hope, and usually problems like this are rare, usually a refresh once or twice does the trick.

Any advice please?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 03:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
If you don't see a chat box, then check your magnification settings. If you have it zoomed in, the chat box won't show (learned that one the hard way myself).

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 04:17 PM
(#3)
Hi John, thanks for the quick reply..
The problem i have is that theres no chatbox, a blank screen n a list on members on the left where the agenda is supposed to be. I think I ll take a screenshot the next time I get the chance.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Issues - Wed Sep 03, 2014, 06:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hey wikked76, I have had that same problem (mostly with Dave) and usually refreshing will solve this but not always. There is one thing I want to try during Dave's next training session. If this works or helps, I will post it here. Good luck

5 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 06:14 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtwi View Post
Hey wikked76, I have had that same problem (mostly with Dave) and usually refreshing will solve this but not always. There is one thing I want to try during Dave's next training session. If this works or helps, I will post it here. Good luck
hiya GT, yea im open to all suggestions..
kinda fustrating when all u cn do is refresh refresh refresh n nothing works.. lol

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 06:39 PM
(#6)
Since: Mar 2011
hi wikked

theres no way i kno w of knowing if their using the old trianign tool or the new 1 but...

If its the new training tool DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER

so chrome works and firefox

however if its the old trianign tool only Internet explorer works

someone somewhere may wish to disagree but these are facts at least for me

Also dont try having 2 open as echo will drive you bonkers lol

Im on vista and IE9 and the above work for me

The only slight problem i now have is on new tool so chrome I have to click 4x to see th echat but I must admit im then missing the first 7 line sof chat(plus i cannot see what im typing )

If it does not still work update everythign i guess all adobes all flash players and clean ot your cache maybe(also screenshot be helpful as I had to upload so they coudl solve it)

ps the latest trainign wih chewme1 nearly everyone had issues so dont go off this time try it in your next couple

hope this helps you out

ps thanks to Dave and JWk for sorting me out to this 99% good point as before I couldnt attend

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 06:42 PM
(#7)
hiya Rolo, ive tried both FF n chrome and both didnt work out for me
thanks for the advice tho

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 07:39 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm using firefox and both win 7 or win 8 (depending whether I'm on my laptop or desktop) and both tools work with both.

Also, make sure your flash player for all your browsers is up to date. Sometimes you need to update it in each browser.

Another thing to look at is your internet speed, as the new tool is very resource intense. If you're on a slow or slow mobile connection, it can cause problems.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 07:43 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I'm using firefox and both win 7 or win 8 (depending whether I'm on my laptop or desktop) and both tools work with both.

Also, make sure your flash player for all your browsers is up to date. Sometimes you need to update it in each browser.

Another thing to look at is your internet speed, as the new tool is very resource intense. If you're on a slow or slow mobile connection, it can cause problems.

flash is up to date, m currently on a 100mbs max connection and online gaming e.g BF4 n such is no problem.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 11:21 PM
(#10)
hmm sorry i cannot be more help to you

my friend umm well she is on windows 8 (anda brand new computer)and tells me(this is before new trianign tool came out)...that she sometiems has to wait 20 minutes(dunno if shes exagerrainting here) b4 the sound arrives

Dave told me that you can always email technical support it sin my other post i go find it for you

edit heres what Dave said but he and John got mine working "The trainers can't provide technical support, you probably need to email support@mypokerschoolonline for help."

Also maybetry reading thru my post from a whil eback and you never knwo you migh tjust think ohhhh I havent tried X or Y...cos once it works it works lol...sorry to state obv and sorry if typos it late here

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ms-please-help

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 11:29 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
hmm sorry i cannot be more help to you

my friend umm well she is on windows 8 (anda brand new computer)and tells me(this is before new trianign tool came out)...that she sometiems has to wait 20 minutes(dunno if shes exagerrainting here) b4 the sound arrives

Dave told me that you can always email technical support it sin my other post i go find it for you

edit heres what Dave said but he and John got mine working "The trainers can't provide technical support, you probably need to email support@mypokerschoolonline for help."

Also maybetry reading thru my post from a whil eback and you never knwo you migh tjust think ohhhh I havent tried X or Y...cos once it works it works lol...sorry to state obv and sorry if typos it late here

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ms-please-help

no worries, thanks for trying Rolo!

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 03, 2014, 11:37 PM
(#12)
yw...umm also fullyscan computer for virus but it prolly ...ummm

Have you noticed in past few weeks some weird thng shappening(I dont mean in PSo training)...anyways try running both

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

and

SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition

once your clean of adaware/malware you could try a system restore point

I htinkform my poor memory them are the main 3 things I did

Also trytotally uninstalling alladobes stuff(cos they may have got corrupted/infected.....then do a clean reinstallation o fthem

Minewoudl no twork ad now it does so there is hope juust takes time and hope you get it sorted

Old
Thu Sep 04, 2014, 01:05 AM
(#13)
Since: May 2011
I now see the problems rolo has with the chrome browser. It sort of worked 100% browser zoom because I somehow had the flash player plugin in a smaller media box - like 800x600 resolution on an old 1024x768 screen plugged into a laptop.

Anyway for some reason chrome doesn't work for me now.

However the "resource intensive"? nature of the the new live stream training is the big problem.

I use a laptop with a "duel core processor". Well that just means 3 year old computers are faster 64bit machines. And I never have any problems with live stream on-demand TV streamed #EPTLIVE or watching a WSOP steam from the USA.

If you have a 64bit dual processor machine try the Waterfox browser (Firefox compiled to use both processors) and the flash plugin should be compiled (faster) to use your computer's resources.

That's what I'm trying now. But after 1 hour live stream training my laptop started making a noise. Never heard it before. LOL there is a fan inside to cool the cpu down when it is over heating.

Technology! Hey, a laptop 8mm deep thought it was a keyboard on top of a motherboard with tiny chips. It has a cooling fan - WOW.

Try Waterfox if you have a 64bit machine and hope they sort out the back-end resource overheads in the new live stream training tool. They could be delivering interactive HD TV with chat.

PS. In the next live stream training, I will enter as a viewer to disable the chat up-down stream as a test. Sorry for the long post and I'm rambling a bit, but this problem has got me a puzzle to solve.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Thu Sep 04, 2014 at 01:22 AM.. Reason: PS

Old
training issues - Mon Sep 08, 2014, 06:43 AM
(#14)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hey JWK.
I think that the connection speed is the main issue here for me. Although I do not have any problems quite like I have with Dave's training there are still a few issues.
I've watched my cpu's through the Task Master and is spikes to 84-86% but it does not stay there. So that is not the problem as far as I can see.
Guess I'm just going to have to live with it until I can boost the connection levels.
Good luck all.

5 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 09, 2014, 06:56 PM
(#15)
Just going to throw a couple of facts into this thread as I feel it may possibl yhelp someone or at least they can rule out fsome things and concnetrate on other problematic areas

I do have quite a fast Internet I go tto admit

But i have a very ol dcomputer

This may not help anyone to help them back to live trainign but if it helps just 1 person it great

gl & hope you can sort it out

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com