Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 FR, Could I have gotten more?

Old
NL5 FR, Could I have gotten more? - Fri Sep 05, 2014, 11:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
So I had been at this table for about 35 minutes and a decent read on my opps. The initial raiser here was loose and would open with a wide range. The button was more of a tighter player and wouldn't call raises preflop without something decent. On the flop I want to get the most out of this hand. I want to see what the other two do on the flop.

Here is where I have a question. When I look back on this now, I think initial raiser has AQ, QK something like that. Especially calling after a call and a raise on the flop. With their tight image and raise on the flop I have to figure the button has no worse than two pair. I can't see either villain holding AA or KK. I know there are draws potentially here, but is there a reason to just call the raise to 1.20 on the flop as opposed to shoving here?

Old
Sat Sep 06, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I don't really like your flatcall after the flop. If Villain3 folds, you give v9 a free card to draw (if he does) and you loose value if he has AQ or other 2pair because he will prob call a raise with most decent hands in his range

Fortunately this mistake is minor because v3 raises and now you shove for value, perfect!
Both players show a lot of interest in the hand and you got the 2nd nuts with some outs to a boat, go for it !

Don't call, situation can only worsen for you. If they fold to your shove, they don't have a hand that would have given value anyway.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com