Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Off-Topic Discussions /

Back to the Future - What will online poker be like in 2034?

Old
Back to the Future - What will online poker be like in 2034? - Sun Sep 07, 2014, 01:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
I think these new Google glasses are quite cool and in a few years as prices become affordable to the masses I guess we'll all have a pair.

But what do you think online poker will be like in 2034? Will we all be playing PokerStars through glasses like these?

Raiser

Old
Sun Sep 07, 2014, 03:16 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
You could use them for a hud when playing live poker, depending how good they are at remembering faces and the stats to go with them faces it could be a game changer

Old
Sun Sep 07, 2014, 09:40 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
I doubt many people will be playing online poker in 2020, let alone 2034. Twenty years is a huge timeframe for technology. 20 years ago, most people had never heard the word "internet", let alone used it, and Sonic the Hedgehog was at the forefront of technology. (Does anyone still play on the Sega Genesis in 2014?)
The next 20 years will see changes to modern life that I can barely imagine, but it will be hard for a card game to compete against virtual reality entertainment formats.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Jan 05, 2015, 04:21 PM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2010
Sonic 2 regularly gets a spin on my Megadrive. I WILL NEVER LET GO!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com