Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Pop up ads :(

Old
Pop up ads :( - Tue Sep 09, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
Over the past few days, every time I launch the "PokerSchool Online" page, I get a lot of pop up ads. Only on that page. What is the cause of this.

PLEASE HELP

Old
Tue Sep 09, 2014, 05:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
*Moved to more appropriate forum* - Fadyen

Hi Vball,

Pop-ups are a real nuisance and can be caused by a wide variety of reasons. Please be assured these pop-ups are nothing to do with PokerSchoolOnline as we'd hate anyone having to put up with such things. The main causes of pop-ups tend to be the presence of adware/spyware or tracking cookies that send info to third-party advertisers. The only thing I can suggest is to check all your settings to do with pop-up blockers and be sure to run scans if you have anti-virus software on your computer.

Hope you get the problem resolved!

Chris

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 10, 2014, 10:03 PM
(#3)
Since: Jul 2014
Thanks Chris. I did a computer overhaul, scan, and clean. Got rid of the pop ups. Now I just get google chrome crashing all of the time. hahahhaha. First world problems.hahhaha

Thanks for your response

Old
Fri Oct 10, 2014, 10:29 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
This site's been crashing all day for me too, and i use Google Chrome too - there's either a little green padlock or a yellow triangle that's been showing in the address bar too ... have never seen that before?

Old
Sat Oct 11, 2014, 08:06 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
So this morning I clicked on the green padlock in Chrome and up popped a link, so I clicked on, "What does this mean?" and got this:

The site crashed a couple of times on my iPad too (safari) yesterday, but so far it seems okay this morning with both browsers ...

Old
Sat Oct 11, 2014, 08:08 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Oh edit, you know when it changes to the little yellow triangle, is when I make a post ... and then sometimes it crashes and I get an error page.

Just surfing pages, it seems okay ...

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com