Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl deep : Weak vs Cagy play

Old
10nl deep : Weak vs Cagy play - Tue Sep 09, 2014, 03:36 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey guys,

First hand with opponent.
Back story : I am experiencing a little of o a downswing at 10nl (I am rolled for deep stack and love it though).
What do you think, please, of this hand ?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (5 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($20.01)
Hero (Button) ($31.93)
SB ($25.13)
BB ($23.97)
UTG ($25.19)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, 9
1 fold, MP calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.45, SB calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($1.20) J, A, 10 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.57, SB calls $0.57

Turn: ($2.34) 8 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($2.34) 9 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Total pot: $2.34 | Rake: $0.11

Results below:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 12:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi shoim,

Looks fine to me. Villain is probably a fish if he's limp/calling instead of opening for a raise, so I like our preflop and flop line. When he calls our flop c-bet, he's likely got a weak ace or some kind of draw. He's not folding any of these on the turn, so there's no great reason to charge ourselves to draw to the nuts. And likewise on the river, it's a nice scare card to turn our hand into a bluff with, but asking a fish to fold top pair even on a scary board is a tall order, so I prefer to just give up here and hope he turns over a complete bust like 7s5s or something.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 08:01 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey Dave,

Thank you, I found that this was actually a big leak on my part : trying to force passive players off their even lowest pair.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com