Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Playing UTG with Gareth - Today at 15:00 ET

Old
Playing UTG with Gareth - Today at 15:00 ET - Wed Sep 10, 2014, 06:10 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
How do you handle a three-bet when you are under the gun? Should you always pretend to have a strong hand after you raise from first position? Learn about this and more of the ins and outs of under the gun in this replayer session.

Attendees of this class will receive a School Pass Ticket as part of the WCOOP Promotion at PokerSchoolOnline!

Today at 15:00 ET (8pm UK Time)

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 03:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
Hoping to get some help from somebody here....

I've signed up and am at the session - at least I THINK that I am in the session. I can hear the trainer, and can hear a lot of background noise, but can't SEE anything! The poker table is empty, and there is NOTHING in the chatbox or in the left-hand margin of the page....

What am I doing wrong - please advise if there is anything I can do to actually SEE this session.

It also appears that nobody is getting MY messages that I am trying to type into the chatbox.

This su-u-ucks!!! Please help

Thanks in advance,

KYA

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 03:25 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2014
BronzeStar
Dies being on an iPad stop me from participating?

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 03:36 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Kickn,

Try using a different browser (preferably firefox or chrome), make sure your flash player is updated and make sure the screen is not zoomed.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 03:42 PM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello all,

we aplogise for the very poor sound quality of tonight's live training session.

Unfortunately the trainer had no choice but to stream from a public place and hence the noise level during the stream.

Please be assured that this is a once-off and regular live training sessions usually have very clear audio.

If this was your 1st time attending a live training session at PokerSchoolOnline we hope that this experience will not put you off attending future sessions here at the school.

If you have further complaints about tonights session please send them to support@pokerschoolonline.com

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 10, 2014, 04:11 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2014
BronzeStar
Thanks John. Was able to get in and out through refreshing. Managed to see most of the material since about the 15min mark.

This WAS my first live training session Paul; and despite the trouble, I enjoyed it. In fact it was better than I had presumed such sessions could be. I will try to make it to more.

Cheers

KYA

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 01:15 AM
(#7)
Since: Mar 2011
my friend is still having trouble getting into live training

she talks about all the names being up one side...left i think she was steaming so didnt dare ask lol!!

Also she has no chatboox.....well eventully she does have 1...I dont understand this but someone else typed about a similar problem.........gtwi or forrest or well im not sure

Will try to get her to upload a pic......she has windows 8 on a brand new computer and a fairly fast internet connection i think

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 09:27 AM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi rolo!

The reason we've found for no chat box is due to having the screen zoomed.. you cannot zoom the screen or it will cover the chat box.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 12:05 PM
(#9)
(Head Trainer)
@rolo, she just needs to refresh her browser. I get that view upon entering the classroom every once in a while, a single refresh clears it up.

The browser being zoomed is not her problem, that's only an issue with live streamed sessions, which Gareth's was not.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 02:29 PM
(#10)
hi ty her Mother recently passed away so I have been tryin to help her on he rbehalf

ty u2.....I kinda worked out form my own problems that ou 2 kindly sorted out with me patiently that ..well i told her if it was new tool dont use IE and if old tool do use IE and she definitley said fo rthat session she wa susing IE

Yes Dave it was Gareths session..I think she made it in for last 15 minutes..well she was there at beginning she advised me but couldnt chat

That was 1 busy cafe hhaaa they ddnt sound English at my end thought he was in Far East

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#11)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolo834 View Post
Yes Dave it was Gareths session..I think she made it in for last 15 minutes..well she was there at beginning she advised me but couldnt chat

That was 1 busy cafe hhaaa they ddnt sound English at my end thought he was in Far East
The class exceeded the maximum participant slots of 300, so there were a number who would have been entered in viewer only mode, that could have happened in her case too.

He was in New York City, they're not exactly speaking the Queen's English.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 04:59 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
He was in New York City, they're not exactly speaking the Queen's English.
It sounded like it might have been Queen's English

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 10:50 PM
(#13)
ohh good thinking Dave (nothing get spast you) regarding the 300 max participants cant spell it very late

was just 1 lud woman after i got my head to blocjk her out only missed once what Gareth was sayin

I remember once you could hear them washing up pots and pans in the back ground lol

Im a Northerner but I do speak queens English although the posh Southerners would disagree

iwill advise her ty everyone

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 11:58 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2013
I missed this class seen as you had sound issues do you think there is any chance of you doing this class again Gareth, i really wanted to watch this one.

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:58 PM
(#15)
BronzeStar
Hey Mike, I was in class and was able to record it - forgot to 4x the comments until halfway in, and for some reason when the comments are 4x the quality of the recording turns out much better, so the first half of class is a little fuzzy, but the second half's really clear, although the volume may need to be made a bit louder?

Would it be okay for me to post the youtube clips here, in case anyone who was in class wants to double-check anything? I can remove them if it's not okay.

First Half of Class

Second Half of Class

Whole Class (may be available after 2pm)

PS. Was trying to join the two clips into one vid with the volume turned up, but my first try got screwed up, so I've got a second attempt going now ... if it works out, it'll show here in an hour or so

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 02:14 PM
(#16)
Since: Apr 2011
I was going to ask if you had recorded it and you had already answered the call
Such helpfulness deserves at least a Big bang ticket imo

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 05:03 PM
(#17)
BronzeStar
The only thing about my recordings is that I talk a lot in the chat box - so there's a lot of talk going on in the background of the tape ... and then there's a lot of talk going on in the foreground too hehe Hopefully people don't find it too distracting

Thanks for saying that about the Big Bang ticket Profess Guess if I wanted to have a better chance at getting a ticket that's rewarded for posting in the Blog section, it would probably help for me to not be so lazy about posting the Blog section lol!! Oh well ...

Last edited by TrustySam; Fri Sep 12, 2014 at 05:27 PM..

Old
Mon Sep 15, 2014, 05:52 AM
(#18)
Since: Jan 2013
Great! Thanks Sam i thought i wasn't going to be able to watch this.

Old
Mon Sep 15, 2014, 02:52 PM
(#19)
Since: Oct 2011
Thanks for recording and sharing, Sam. I'll probably watch that later tonight.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 15, 2014, 10:26 PM
(#20)
BronzeStar
yw, yw

One time in live training, Dave said he'd rather I not post recordings, but hopefully it's okay to post it this time - enjoy!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com