Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Zoom 6max vs full ring

Old
Zoom 6max vs full ring - Wed Sep 10, 2014, 06:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
Hi I'm new member of this forum. I would like to find out from you something. What do you guys think it's better to play if you want to get more profit Zoom 6 max or Full ring and why? Waiting for comments. Thank you

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 02:28 PM
(#2)
I can't tell you which is more provitable for you. It's pretty personal, imo.
If you beat 6max as well as fullring, I'd say 6max is more provitable simple because you play much more hands per hour.

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 05:01 PM
(#3)
Thank you, I played today instead of full ring 6 max. And yeah I can say it's really good for me a lot more action and more play after flop. Got like 12$ + in 2 hours but then got 4 bad beats and lost nearly everything.. But I saved this hands I will try to study them and check what I did wrong.

Old
Tue Feb 24, 2015, 02:31 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2013
BronzeStar
Greetings,

Thanks for posting. I play full ring as there is more action in the betting BUT one needs to play tighter for he same reason: more opponents are likely to enter the pot. Personally, I never found I played more hands 6-max and I am quite consistently profitable. Regardless of which you play, I know that studying Zoom, is critical. Randy 'nanonoko' Lew, a PokerStars online pro has a 5-part video series on Zoom which I highly recommend and a more advanced series on 25NL buy-in. Understanding basic poker and Zoom, in particular, can only enhance your game, whether 6-max or full ring. I also find that I have needed to play NHL cash tables so as to have more time to even watch opponents and visualize from opponent(s)' betting how to best read their cards as you combine their betting with the flop right to showdown. You just don't get such luxury with Zoom.

All the best,
Ellen

Old
Tue Feb 24, 2015, 10:51 AM
(#5)
Since: May 2012
I think its a personal preference myself. I like six max personally, because I can play more hands. In 9 max I have to fold a lot of hands in early pos. hands that i can play from any pos. in the six max game.

I also think zoom in general plays tighter than regular games and they don't get to see you play every hand so my steal percentage in zoom is up around 40%

Tournament of Champions Winner 2014

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Feb 24, 2015, 02:46 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEllenCait View Post
Randy 'nanonoko' Lew, a PokerStars online pro has a 5-part video series on Zoom which I highly recommend and a more advanced series on 25NL buy-in.
Check out part 4 at the 2:20 mark...

Personally I play 6-max. More games at 6-max as you move up in stakes imo.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com