Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Hot .55 Turbo Late stage BB TTfacing UTG Raise and LP Short-stack Shove

Old
Hot .55 Turbo Late stage BB TT facing UTG Raise and LP Short-stack Shove - Thu Sep 11, 2014, 03:37 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
It's probably the 2 Final tables and our Hero sits in the Big Blind with

A player UTG raises and a desperate CO shorty shoves.

Our Hero calls but then faces a UTG shove on a x board and folds.

Does our Hero smell of phobic tilapia?

What would you consider defending here pre-flop and is the post-flop fold good?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg BB TT.jpg (21.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by Nataraj1; Thu Sep 11, 2014 at 04:23 PM.. Reason: Edited proper replayer link.

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 09:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I think you have the wrong hand. This shows the T7 again, not TT. Please correct to put in the correct hand.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 04:24 PM
(#3)
Corrected it. Thanks.

Old
Thu Sep 11, 2014, 04:30 PM
(#4)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm shipping it preflop. The bet pot-commits me, so the chips are going in the middle. I'm too short to do anything but to shove a hand as strong as TT.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 03:13 PM
(#5)
Okay, so I guess we're assuming the LP villain has a wider-range than normal to shove since he's so short and I should have shoved rather than raise to isolate but leaving something like 2/3 of my stack behind which does indicate that a shove would be better.

On the other hand (no pun intended), if I do the same line, is the check on the flop good, or should I have shoved on the flop as I would have done it had I planned a stop-and-go?

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 03:33 PM
(#6)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Anything but shoving pre is a problem, as calling the bet pot-commits us. Seeing the flop with chips left is a big mistake.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 04:00 PM
(#7)
This I already got, no prob.

I was just saying, if I find myself doing that mistake again, then I'm still faced with a decision on the flop... Since mistakes compound, what should I do here in that case?

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 04:10 PM
(#8)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
get them in on the flop if you misclick.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#9)
All right, will do. It could look rather strong with those two Jacks on the board.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com