Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nlz - Are we all in on the flop?

Old
10nlz - Are we all in on the flop? - Fri Sep 12, 2014, 11:13 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
So apparently I haven't stoved this situation in a while. I'm a massive dog to only sets here. Now I just feel like a spew monkey

I know there's alternate lines to take but are we hating the 'Get-it-in' Attitude here? No real stats on villain, he was 18/18 from 45 hands.

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
PF: 87s is a pretty loose open from UTG... Considering the blinds are deeper I guess it's ok.
OTF: Cbet is good but I think I would just call vs. the raise and reevaluate OTT.

Thanks!

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 03:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2012
Looks good. Hope you won vs 66 or 99.

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 07:30 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Swagneto,

I personally wouldn't put 87s in my UTG opening range unless I have some really good reason to play with the blinds.
Facing a flop raise, I am reluctant to stick in 150bbs or whatever... well unless either I know the villain could be raising our cbet as a bluff on this board with hands like AsJx, AsTx, KsQx and we want to take it down with 8 high then re-raising is fine. But also that we know that our opponent will put the rest in with their Flush draws. Once we put the 12 into the pot to win 34 we would only need to win 35%. VS their sets + NFDS we got 38% equity.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com