Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

100NL, Z: A7s OOP 3B pot...

Old
100NL, Z: A7s OOP 3B pot... - Fri Sep 12, 2014, 03:12 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain(110 hands): VPIP:23, PFR:21, AF:2.4 (FOLD to 3B... sample is too small)

PF: Standard 3B
OTF: I decide to XC, not many hands will fold if I cbet this board imo. He bets pretty big so I think this is mostly an overpair.

OTT: Best card possible comes OTT. I'm not sure what to do here... we're OOP with a strong draw. We can't fold but should be be X/Calling or X/Shoving here... Does our turn decision change considering we're OOP?

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 03:06 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think we should cbet close to our entire range on this flop. I think this hand is too weak to x/c given it's a 3b pot and ranges are tighter. If it was a SRP then fine.

Check/raising makes no sense on the turn so i'd just keep calling.

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 07:55 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

Cbetting is much better than x/c-ing; its just hard to balance a x/c range on this kind of flop for one and two, we will be put in a tough spot OTT everytime when we are OOP in a 3bet pot.
It's true what you say: "not many hands will fold if I cbet this board", but we will be firing plenty of turns as well and we can get folds on later street not just the flop.

What happens OTT is actually an improvised approach and just an idea that pops out in your mind to make up for the unclear decision OTF, I think. So it seems you have jumped in thoughts from x/c with showdown value (if that is why you decided to x/c) to now x/r-ing as a semi-bluff because we are certainly not raising the turn for value.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com