Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Hot 0.55 at the Bubble, AQo MP 15BB

Old
Hot 0.55 at the Bubble, AQo MP 15BB - Fri Sep 12, 2014, 06:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
It's the Hot 0.55, and we're on the bubble. Although I was briefly #1 and in the Top 10 on more than 2,000 runners, I've been mostly card dead and lost one or two altercations which have reduced my stack with the blinds and antes rising...

I have offsuit in Mid Position with 15 BB, the big blind is a shorty, but there are mid and large stacks on my left

What would you do?

1. Shove and bank on the bubble fear/fold equity to either win the blinds uncontested or shove and take the chance of being called with a hand that could have good showdown value and maybe double up, or risk bubbling out

2. Stay put for a round which could ensure you cash in, although the goal isn't to min-cash

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 07:08 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I'm shoving. I don't want to play scared around the bubble. I'll gladly take chances to chip up.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Sep 12, 2014, 07:11 PM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2013
Noted, John. Thanks.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com