Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Big 3.30 score

Old
Huge 3.30 [1R1A] score - Sat Sep 13, 2014, 06:38 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Had another deep run in the Hot 0.55 recently and placed 16th. Close to the final table but not good enough.

Between staking and playing some more MTTs, trying to get some more practice, I ran down my bankroll and somehow decided to play the Big 3.30 out-of-bankroll and the 3.30 [1R1A] 2K Gtd (knowing I would get some refill the next day), basically because I thought the field was smaller than some of what I had to navigate in the Hot 0.55 and god forbid, the huge 18K field of the Privilege Freeroll.

So close to being #1, binked a 2nd place after more than 6 hours, running A5o vs A8o, opponent getting a full house (of course).

Huge bankroll-changing event, greatest win so far.

Last edited by Nataraj1; Sat Sep 13, 2014 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: I scored in the 3.30 [1R1A] not the Big 3.30

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 07:41 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Nataraj1,

Congratulations on the nice score! Many more to come.

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
Nice one mate, no harm in playing the odd mtt out of your bankroll limits as long as its not too much and its not on tilt.

Congrats on the recent success

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 09:56 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
WooHoo...great result Well Done

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 12:36 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokyPokyToo View Post
Hi Nataraj1,

Congratulations on the nice score! Many more to come.
Thanks HokyPokyToo, I like the idea! Much success to you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyesdumno View Post
Nice one mate, no harm in playing the odd mtt out of your bankroll limits as long as its not too much and its not on tilt.

Congrats on the recent success
Thanks crazyesdumno. Actually, on waking up today I realised that I had made a mistake in mentioning my score but you can see it in the picture: I played two 3.30 MTTs yesterday with the last remnants of my bankroll: The Big 3.30 (no score I think), and the one I scored in was the 3.30 [1R1A], so actually, I technically should have had a bankroll of (3.30 + 3 + 3) * 100 or more :P

Yes, I think it can be worthwhile to take a shot from time to time, but indeed I need to make sure I am not playing over my level, i.e. for instance, suddenly jumping to the low stakes from the micros or something like that. Also must ensure I feel good about it and about stretching to 6 hours 35 mins of play or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
WooHoo...great result Well Done
Danke!

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 12:52 PM
(#6)
If all these green notes are 'fish' notes like my green are... that is one nice draw you got for the FT.

Great score nonetheless!

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 01:08 PM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonrdr View Post
If all these green notes are 'fish' notes like my green are... that is one nice draw you got for the FT.

Great score nonetheless!
Thanks.

I wish they were, or maybe they were, but I wouldn't say Van_persie who finished #1 is a fish. In fact, I think to be #1, I should play like him: he managed to open his range significantly compared to mine in the late stage and really used his big stack status to great effect, and was open-raising, stealing, stealing, pressuring, etc... all the time.

The green should ideally signify fish, but currently for me, it just means I have noticed the player making a type of mistake I think I can exploit in a subsequent hand.

Last edited by Nataraj1; Sat Sep 13, 2014 at 04:54 PM..

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 01:12 PM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Sweet, nice one mate!

Raiser

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
(#9)
Thanks Raiser,

Nothing like a good score to reinforce the good things in learning and practising

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 01:18 PM
(#10)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
That's a fun story to hear how this win replenished your roll - congrats nataraj!!

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 01:51 PM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
That's a fun story to hear how this win replenished your roll - congrats nataraj!!
Thanks TrustySam, it actually makes it about 4.5 times the planned refill...

I will still grind the very low MTTs for a while, as I want my stats to move upwards for some time (things like number of deep runs, number of FTs, placing in Top 3, etc...), so that I can see more systematic good results and feel more comfortable before committing to the higher micro buy-ins like $4-$5 which technically I should be able to play.

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 02:08 PM
(#12)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Am sure with all the practice you'll be putting in, this'll be the first big win of many more to come - look forward to hearing more about your progress in the coming months - GL GL nataraj!!

Old
Sat Sep 13, 2014, 03:21 PM
(#13)
Thanks for these great words, TrustySam.

Last edited by Nataraj1; Sat Sep 13, 2014 at 03:36 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com