Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl zoom - standard cooler or can we get away?

Old
10nl zoom - standard cooler or can we get away? - Sat Sep 13, 2014, 11:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
Would you agree that it is hard to see what worse hands villain is representing with his turn check-raise? (maybe 55)

I feel my turn 3bet is just bad. Thought that if he was semi-bluffing then I could click it back and get him to call.

If I call turn and then call bricky rivers is that a better line?

Thank you!

Old
Sun Sep 14, 2014, 01:17 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2011
Interesting, looks 5c/10c doing good 2.5 stacks, raising utg 66 into $40 and 18c and the btn looks short and the blinds look solid. No read no HUD stats.

That's my pre flop observation, to suggest we can fold 66 in this spot. We raise, 18c goes in and we are "blind" called, good in position...

OK we need to bet our set now for value on the villain's draws. The HA guys will pick up on the turn raise - not the beluga theorem. Slow plays top set on your range / draw? Then goes for stacks.

Sort of like villain's play, can't 3bet JJ to a utg open "if we are unknown to them". But in this spot, we need more info on the villain. It's a cooler to me.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Sep 14, 2014 at 01:26 AM.. Reason: saw show down = cooler

Old
Sun Sep 14, 2014, 07:28 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Swagneto,

Here are my notes on the hand:
Flop bet looks small to me. I would bet something like .50 - .60
BB is getting like 3:1 on his call, so we might see some lighter calls here. Readless, it's really hard to say; but what I'm hinting at is that there might be more in their range then we expect. Something like {JJ-22, AK, AQ, AJs, ATs, A5s-A2s, KQ, QJs-76s, KJs-T8s}
Value hands that could raise OTT are: {JJ, 99, 55, 87, J9s}
Bluffs/semi-bluffs that could raise OTT are: {QcTc, Ad5d, 77, 88}
Re-raising will shut down all worse hands and villain would only continue with value hands which in this case we have 38% equity against. So calling the turn raise and re-evaluating river imo is a better line

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com