Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

PokerStars Players Meetting - IOM - Oct 14th - 18th

Old
PokerStars Players Meetting - IOM - Oct 14th - 18th - Mon Sep 15, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
Hello PSO Members,

PokerStars are inviting one member to represent PokerSchoolOnline at the next PokerStars Player Meeting taking place in the Isle of Man between October 14th - 18th, 2014. We are only looking for members from the UK & Ireland only at this time.

PokerStars will cover accommodation and travel expenses for the selected member, details of which will be discussed with the chosen representative after they are announced.

Please post a reply below if you are available and would like to be considered as a representative. State why you think you are suitable and why you would make a good rep.

Closing date for applications is Friday, September 19th.

A voting poll in the forum will be made public on Friday, September 19th where members can vote for which of the candidates the would like to see travelling to the Isle of Man for the meetings.

The voting poll will close on Sunday, September 21st and the chosen representative will be announced here in this thread on Monday, September 22nd. PokerStars will then contact the chosen rep to discuss travel and accommodation arrangements.

Please DO NOT post in this thread if you are not putting your name forward as a candidate. All off-topic posts will be removed. Remember, you must be currently residing in the UK & Ireland to apply.

PSO Admin

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Last edited by PSO Admin; Tue Sep 16, 2014 at 08:53 AM..

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 07:34 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
MANILA RE
Willing and able to attend , have a naturally inquisitive nature which allows me to look at most things objectively. The ability to do so is inherent in all my day to day activities and is ingrained in such a way that when considering the best decision outcome or solution to a problem my stake in the subject is irrelevant.In making the choice or choices without gaining any direct benefit for myself I have a unique skill which when exercised, highlights the negatives or positives for all sides of the argument in a way that could be termed clinical, in the sense that it is a pure summation of the circumstances. Now this may seem like an inconsequential ability , but when used in an advisory roll or problem solving capacity it allows for a fresh impartial and honest perspective which at times serves as a spark for further enlightenment and progress which in turn can prove to be priceless ,
Poker School has been a fresh approach to coaching and poker study , which in hindsight must seem like an obvious step for the Poker stars family .The genius of Poker School therefore is in the idea as well as the application, but the initial thought is what I'd be interested in tracing as without this initial spark of ingenuity maybe Poker School would have eventuated after a number of years, or maybe the staff at Poker stars would still be scratching their collective heads for ideas to further enhance their brand and their customers experience.
Representing Pokerstars will be an intense experience for the chosen candidate,as far as putting together a proposal as to why I would make a good representative I would need to know what the job would entail. If the representative will be dealing with already converted poker players who would want to hear the representative spouting off numbers and statistics relating to chances of further rake or ROI i will need to do some further study, but if if I will be asked to introduce new customers to the game , general marketing strategies or related challenges I am confident my unique take and ability to function for the good of the whole group could serve as a major asset and in turn would leave me in a perpetual state of bliss by allowing me to use my natural personality in a pragmatic way.
Thankyou for your consideration.
Considering the fact that this is an open thread I will reference some blogs which I have sparingly authored in an attempt to make myself more familiar to my fellow Poker School and Poker Star consorts.
MANILA RE - on pokerschool.com
manilare -on pokernetwork.com
manila re - pocketfives.com

Old
Wed Sep 17, 2014, 12:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2011
ChromeStar
Hi there am {keymac1980}I am Willing and able to attend the meeting and thank you four the chance.
Kieran mcfall
09/04/1980

Old
Wed Sep 17, 2014, 01:58 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by keymac198 View Post
Hi there am {keymac1980}I am Willing and able to attend the meeting and thank you four the chance.
Kieran mcfall
09/04/1980
Hi keymac198,

Can you give us a few short words as to why you think you would make a good candidate? Keep in mind that other members will be voting for you to represent the school at the meeting so add as much info as you can.

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 17, 2014, 07:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Nov 2011
some great uk players at pso will be looking forward to casting a vote

10 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 18, 2014, 05:45 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hello,

I would be very happy to have the chance to represent PSO at the Player Meetings in October.

I have been a member of PSO since 2010 and am known to many as a regular attender at Live Trainings. I always follow these forums closely and contribute to them when I can, as well as having a blog here at PSO.

Like many PSO members I built up an initial bankroll playing freerolls and the PSO Skill League and since then have been patiently learning and grinding microstakes cash games as well as a variety of Sit & Goes and Tournaments. I see the PSO community as largely smaller stakes players compared to the midstakes and pro grinders of the 2+2 forums, but more serious about our poker than the casual recreational players who are always doubtless near the forefront of Pokerstars thinking. In other words we are not beginners, but improvers, the future backbone of the Pokerstars playerbase.

If elected to represent PSO membership at the meetings I will make sure to impress on Pokerstars the importance to us of not just the live training, videos, promotions and forums here, but also the sense of community which keeps us coming back and ensures we stay part of PSO and thus Pokerstars.

Professionally, I have long and wide experience in commercial IT environments, in both technical and management roles, so I well understand the commercial imperatives that Pokerstars face, as well as their need to maintain a strong relationship with their customers. I have taken part in many User Groups and Client Conferences, on both sides of the fence, so I understand the process, and I am well aware of the importance of being thoroughly briefed when attending meetings such as these, in order to make the most of them.

I've studied the reports from the last two player meetings in October 2013 and May 2014. While the meetings are always wide-ranging, one or two issues usually seem to stand out. Most recently, the question of rake levels (especially for PLO), and ring game seating issues such as 'ratholing' and table selection scripts have been the big topics. While these are still live issues, and the selection of games available on Pokerstars at any given stake will also always provoke a lively debate, I suspect the big issue this time may be the VIP system, which Pokerstars have hinted may be due for an overhaul. I would certainly be in favour of spreading some of the rewards earned at the top levels a little more widely through the player pool.

If elected to attend the meeting I will use these forums to initiate and encourage debate on these and any other issues of concern, so I can best represent your views and ideas to Pokerstars.

Vote Mytton

Last edited by mytton; Thu Sep 18, 2014 at 06:04 AM..

Old
Thu Sep 18, 2014, 11:34 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2011
Do they really need someone from Tuesday - Saturday? That's a long meeting
Seriously if they can't narrow it down and/or put it on saturday they are excluding most with job, children etc.
That said, Mytton's post is very good

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 06:13 AM
(#8)
Since: May 2010
(Administrator)
WhiteStar
***Closed for Applications***

Hello MANILA RE,

Thank you for applying, however we are only looking for applicants from the UK & Ireland at this time.

Hello keymac198,

Also thanks for applying however we would have liked to have seen some more information in your application as to why you think you would have made a good applicant.

Hello mytton,

Thank you for your detailed application and we would be happy to accept it. As it was the only application that met the criteria we would be happy to select you as a representative for PokerSchoolOnline and no public vote is necessary.

A member of PokerStars staff will be in touch with you within the next 10 days. Should you have any questions in the meantime please feel free to PM us.

Best Regards,
Team PokerSchoolOnline

Team PokerSchoolOnline - Administration

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com