Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl Cash Table, KK against 2 loose players

Old
Lightbulb
2nl Cash Table, KK against 2 loose players - Tue Sep 16, 2014, 10:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
Just played this hand in my last session. I thought it was quite interesting.

Only about 15 hands on both villains, just fired up the tables:

Villain 9 - UTG - 20/20/1.5
Villain 2 - MP1 - 65/0/1.0

Did I price the 3-bet right?
Should I overbet and just shove the flop?
On the turn, I'm pot committed so is shoving even in to an ace ok?

Evidently there's just no telling what unpredictable trash the loose players at 2NL will go wild with.

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 11:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
I like the size of your 3bet pre.

I don't like your size on the flop, way too big. If you make it this big, better shove. You are never ever gonna fold anyway.

I'd make it about 45-50 cents (and call if shoved on). If player9 calls, I'll prob check/call the turn.

Because of your betsize on the flop, it made things easy on the turn : shove. no way I'm folding now.

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
BTW, another stategy that was given to me recently by arty and Spand42, is to flatcall KK and take it from there. The idea is, that you, by 3betting, wash out a lot of bad hands, only good hands continue that have a solid shot of beating you.
With the shortstack fish in there, and a non-ace flop, things will look pretty good.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com