Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

I was railing a team pokerstars player in a Super Tuesday $215 buyin.

Old
I was railing a team pokerstars player in a Super Tuesday $215 buyin. - Tue Sep 16, 2014, 02:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
ChromeStar
In the three hands that I have provided some players, including the team member were playing with less than 5 BB.The prize for the 18 top finishers was a place in a two day event.We are taught to shove anything less than 20 BB.Can someone please explain.

Sorry, this hand was deleted by its owner

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 03:31 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
how many players were left and what place are we in? This information is basically mandatory for looking at any type of satellite.

satellite strategy is different than MTT strategy.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 08:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
ChromeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
how many players were left and what place are we in? This information is basically mandatory for looking at any type of satellite.

satellite strategy is different than MTT strategy.

John (JWK24)
27 players remain. Paying top 18

This is very relevant right now as I am playing a number of satellite to poker school WCOOP Super Free Buys.May be Dave you could cover this in live training.

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 08:54 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
I'm not sure I understand the question here. Hand 1 there's a shove and no callers, hand 2 a shove and no callers, and hand 3 the BB gets a walk. FWIW both shoves look like very standard spots to me as well.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Sep 16, 2014, 11:57 PM
(#5)
Since: May 2011
With 27 remaining 3 full tables will start to break. Then shorter handed, 6,6,7 for an 18 seat satellite bubble no virtual final table. Guess these $215 games for the big prize play short stack in the end.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com