Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

note to self: full house beats straight

Old
note to self: full house beats straight - Thu Sep 18, 2014, 11:07 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2014
I should have seen this coming and in retrospect it seems obvious:

I'm past the beginner stage and I know a full house beats a straight, but somehow it wasn't obvious I was going to lose all my chips...

Old
Thu Sep 18, 2014, 03:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
nothing wrong with your pre, flop and turnplay. errors start indeed on the river. Calling his bet is doubtfull to say the least. Shove your stack in is throwing away chips. No hand will ever call unless it beats you so its better to call, but as said, even calling is very doubtfull, he just need a K or a Q to beat you and you beat nothing that bets here.

Old
Fri Sep 19, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Yeah I believe you played it well until the river. When he bets pot you need to start thinking what hands are you beating right now and how likely the villain has any of them, right now you're pretty much only beating Ace high and the pot sized bet makes no sense with that kind of hand. And like rkleefstra he only needs a King or a Queen to beat you.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com