Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Brags, Beats and Variance /

Not sure what I did to annoy you, Poker gods, but here is a peace offering....

Old
Not sure what I did to annoy you, Poker gods, but here is a peace offering.... - Sun Sep 21, 2014, 03:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2012

So I have to ask the question....

Old
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 09:14 PM
(#2)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
A big enough gap for a doggie to sit in-between in stunned silence yikes, lol

Hope things turn around for ya bhoy!!

Old
Tue Sep 23, 2014, 08:05 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
A big enough gap for a doggie to sit in-between in stunned silence yikes, lol

Hope things turn around for ya bhoy!!
It has been pretty brutal, and I am feeling a little sorry for myself, but iam going to continue plugging away at it.

I thought the dogs face summed it up pretty well, on too many occasions I haven't even been able to process what has happened for me to lose the hand until after a session, and then been left stunned.

I Refuse to post bad beats, but there was an amusing one yesterday where I got it in 3 way with AA, one villain had KK and the other had A8o. Neither me or KK won the hand when the board gave the idiot an 8 high rivered straight.i can be amused by it now but I've never run as bad as this in my life.

Old
Tue Sep 23, 2014, 07:42 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2013
Today has been a day a little like this too where all villains were given their cards despite worse odds...

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 12:16 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
I can relate.

I'm having the worst run of my life, capped by the most ridiculous hand I've played this year.

I open AA, get 3 callers. Flop comes A93r. Four players check. (I see no value in betting top set here, as villains can't have anything). Turn 9. Four players check. River 3.

So the board is a strange double-paired A9393 with no possible flush or straight. I lose to precisely two combos. I overbet and get shoved on. I snap-call, expecting to see a slowplayed 9 or some random pocket pair that thinks I was trying to get him off a chop. Villain has quad threes. It's kind of amusing that we both slowplayed two streets with sets/boats, and money only went in the pot after villain hit a one-outer.
I don't get one-outed for my whole stack very often, but when I do, I make sure I have aces full.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 05:56 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Do other people like these inspirational posters? y/n??

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 03:33 PM
(#7)
I try to find those kind of posters motivating but then this happens....

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:16 PM
(#8)
BronzeStar
Yikes! It's growing

Looks like you could fit an entire pack of snow dogs in that gap there bhoy ... looks like I've got my work cut out for me in trying to find a motivational poster to make that one seem better

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:58 PM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2011
Hideous runbad. #WhenWillItEnd ?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 06:03 PM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustySam View Post
Yikes! It's growing

Looks like you could fit an entire pack of snow dogs in that gap there bhoy ... looks like I've got my work cut out for me in trying to find a motivational poster to make that one seem better
I don't think such a poster exists.

I'm actually in fairly good spirits poker wise, which is ironic given that I have been despondent about poker so often recently, yet I am $166+ down on where I should be and havent cashed out in a huff or jumped limits etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Hideous runbad. #WhenWillItEnd ?
I think the month might be at an end for me anyway, so hopefully next month has some run good in store, I had been contemplating going for Gold Star but I might bust my roll at this rate

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 06:10 PM
(#11)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I don't think such a poster exists.
lol

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com