Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

GUY buys in above max for table !!!

Old
GUY buys in above max for table !!! - Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2011
A guy tonight bought in for $9.51 on a cash game 1.2 how on earth did he do this when the max buy in is $2 can somebody explain i noticed it straight away and i have reported it !!! the moderator could not deal with it !!

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:36 PM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by divabrae View Post
A guy tonight bought in for $9.51 on a cash game 1.2 how on earth did he do this when the max buy in is $2 can somebody explain i noticed it straight away and i have reported it !!! the moderator could not deal with it !!
Maybe he previously left the table with that amount and had to return with the same?

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:42 PM
(#3)
nope i was at that table for over a hundred hands maybe more he joined new player posted blind with 9.51 i know what i saw

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:43 PM
(#4)
how come when i leave the table and open new table i start again at the max buy in explain please?

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:46 PM
(#5)
i have played enough cash games to know what happened at my table .

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
I'm not sure, I wasn't at the table, but it may have something to do with the recent changes PokerStars made to curb 'ratholing'

See here for more info:

http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/for...ng-Controversy

Cheers,
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:49 PM
(#7)
Since: Jun 2012
100 hands, what's that, 30-50 minutes?

I think you have to BI for the same amount if you return to a table within 2 hours. So that is well within the time limits. Alternatively, if he was absolutely crushing the tables today, but was moving tables a lot, then he may have been hit by the buy in obligations.

Either way, a chat moderator at the table can't help and neither can anyone at PSO, support@pokerstars.com will probably be able to help.

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:52 PM
(#8)
ok thank you now i understand just wish somebody had explained it too me !!! scrap what i said i get it now . what a dumb ass i am lol

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:53 PM
(#9)
yeah i get it now thanks for explaining i will know for next time lol

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 05:58 PM
(#10)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by divabrae View Post
ok thank you now i understand just wish somebody had explained it too me !!! scrap what i said i get it now . what a dumb ass i am lol
Not at all, if we don't ask questions we'll never find out anything and if people don't know they just simply don't know.

The only dumb questions are they ones we never ask.

You were 100% right to ask the question and it would raise eyebrows if you seen a guy come to the table with that amount.

Thank you for posting your question, I'm sure other players reading this thread will learn from it too

Cheers,
Raiser

Old
Sun Sep 21, 2014, 06:04 PM
(#11)
Thank you for saying that makes me feel a whole lot better. it is in my nature to question everything lol !! it is great to know that i can return to a table with more than the buy in never knew this before and i have been crushing it since i have been playing cash more . Thank you guys so much for explaining . I have never heard anyone mention it before . So it is great to know the poor guy was not cheating i feel bad now .

Old
Mon Sep 22, 2014, 02:38 PM
(#12)
Just heard from Pokerstars support they cleared it up as well guys with a great email. They said you can leave the table for up 120 minutes and return to the same table with what left with if you wish as it is considered part of the same session . Thanks again guys .Maybe it is just something new or it has been going on for a while as this was the first time i had experienced this happening . Something to bare in mind that i can return to table with more than the max if i left with more nice to know feel like a right loony toon . Hopefully there will be some other players out there who did not know about it will know now . gl at the tables guys and thanks again for clearing it up .

Last edited by divabrae; Mon Sep 22, 2014 at 02:40 PM.. Reason: spelling

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com