Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

QTs (NL5 zoom SH)

Old
QTs (NL5 zoom SH) - Tue Sep 23, 2014, 07:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

Do you call on the river? Can he play like that with worse flushes? I had some doubts about this - as for the flop; he didn't cbet it so he completly missed it (but it's really good to bluff) or he had it completly crushed (AA or 88).

Last edited by el da xote; Tue Sep 23, 2014 at 07:22 PM..

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 06:38 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
QTs is kinda loose to open at UTG. Calling a 3bet, even small, is trowing away money.

River is a tough one...
I think I would make a crying call only to see he was crushing us from start.

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 09:30 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I've opened QTs UTG so I don't hate the open but I certainly think we should play it cautiously when we see a flop.

After opening, we can't fold to the min raise, we have position and a suited and generally connected hand. I think the min raise is often a tell of a huge hand or just of a bad player messing around. We can assume he is a bad player because of his starting stack in the hand.

I don't hate the flop bet after he checks because he might have been over valuing just a pair but when he calls it suggests that he has at least an Ace.

I think turn check is fine, we have nothing, he has something.

When he leads the river for an overbet, if we are playing our A game, and have the time to think about what he can be doing this with. I think it is actually an easy fold with the nut flush. He's shown no fear when the flush card hit and his raise pre flop suggests a pocket pair of some sort. The min raise, the fact that he is bad and will slowplay too often, the absence of fear when the river hits and brings a flush, and the panicked river overbet because he missed a street of value due to slowplaying at make this look like what it was.

That said, because it was a boom link I couldnt avoid the result being shown, so had I not seen the result I might think differently.

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2014
It looked like he had kings on the river to me, especially since he 3bet before. I don't think he will ever shove with AK and he won't have a weaker flush as he wouldn't 3 bet before hand. That being said I am pretty sure that in the moment I would have called as well!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com