Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Preflop AKo on BB: call 3 all-in or do you fold?

Old
Preflop AKo on BB: call 3 all-in or do you fold? - Wed Sep 24, 2014, 07:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
I was playing a Turbo $2.50 180 seat tournament this evening, and ran into this hand.

Dealt AKo at Big Blind and I called the three players who were all in before me, I can't help but wonder if I should have folded...

Was call the best move, or are their pre-flop circumstances where AK needs to fold?

Old
Wed Sep 24, 2014, 11:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi diffnerd!

With 3 shoves in front of me, in order to call, I want to have a made hand and AK is not one of them. You didn't provide reads, so I'll take a guess at how the opps should be playing here. I'll give a 20% range for the first opp, 30% to the second (since they're short) and a 6% range to the third (must like their hand against 2 opps). With these ranges, AK only wins about 26% of the time. Since I'm expecting to lose 3 out of every 4 times.. I'm mucking and looking for a better spot.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Sep 25, 2014, 06:00 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2013
ChromeStar
easy fold with 3 all in before you save your money for a better spot. if your first in ok if your last to call fold and wait for better odds to call...** email address removed as per TOS **......BETTER LUCK IN FUTURE..........

Last edited by HokyPokyToo; Thu Sep 25, 2014 at 07:00 PM..

Old
Thu Sep 25, 2014, 07:01 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi Ed-Donna,

Welcome to PokerSchoolOnline!

Here is a link to help familiarize you with all the features and services available at PSO. Feel free to look around the forum and post any of your comments or questions.

You are invited to join the PokerSchoolOnline Community Home Games Club, and information on how to join the club may be found HERE.

Hope to see you there!

Joss

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com