Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions / Live Training /

Why isn't pokerschool recording/archiving any longer?

Old
Why isn't pokerschool recording/archiving any longer? - Fri Sep 26, 2014, 07:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2012
Just wondering what are the reasons why Pokerschool Online have decided to stop the recording live training sessions by The Langolier, ChewMe1 and the like?

It's great watching them back as and when we want to, such a shame that the sessions are no longer recorded

Old
Sat Sep 27, 2014, 06:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb958 View Post
Just wondering what are the reasons why Pokerschool Online have decided to stop the recording live training sessions by The Langolier, ChewMe1 and the like?

It's great watching them back as and when we want to, such a shame that the sessions are no longer recorded
Like everything else it's down to budget, as PokerSchoolOnline has to pay people to record, edit and upload live training sessions into articles.

This all costs money and the videos we were recording we getting an average of 45-50 views. Those viewing numbers did not justify the cost of recording them and it was decided that this money would be better spent elsewhere, like our mobile poker school and short video conent such as Poker Bites that are more suitable for mobile platforms and YouTube etc.

Also, the attendance numbers for live training sessions were not as high as they are now, because members would simply wait until the session was archived to watch it. This made little sense either as trainers would also have to be paid, it makes more sense aiming to have attendance for the live trainings as high as possible.

We do occasionally record the some live training sessions, if we think the content is different to something that is not already available in the archives.

Of course this will be reviewed on a regular basis but for the time being there are no plans to resume recording live training sessions.

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 29, 2014, 01:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Dec 2012
Makes sense, thanks mate.

Old
Tue Nov 18, 2014, 06:13 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
That's unfortunate that people weren't appreciating it all. I've watched loads of the videos from the archive and really appreciate them being there. In my opinion, the whole training side to Pokerstars is one of the most important things about Pokerstars. To me it is very much appreciated and I try and use as much of the resources available to me as I can. I hope that other people will work this out at some point and make use of it.

Old
Wed Nov 19, 2014, 08:07 AM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2014
BronzeStar
definitely agree here, such a shame. They are one of the most valuable parts of the site in my opinion, well apart from the community that is.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com