Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

What do you guys think?

Old
What do you guys think? - Sun Sep 28, 2014, 12:18 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2014
Hey guys, I'm a "youngster" from Sweden. For the past 6 months or so I've started loving poker, especially Texas Hold em'. Started out playing live cash games with my friends, a few games went by and my game got better. I started winning almost every tournament we played and I started getting better at the game.

I recently deposited 60 dollars on Pokerstars and started playing the cash games with maximum 2 dollar buy-ins (Don't know the "official" name of those). I started playing one table and then went on to play 4 at the same time. At first everything went fine, I made about 20 dollars and was very happy about the way I was playing. But after a few "bad beats" and som missplays I kind of lost focus and started "steaming" as it's called. I also started doubting my "simple" strategy.

I'd like some help when it comes to strategies and how to deal with the "phsycologic part" of the game (Like bad beats). My strategy has been to almost always mid bet the flop (except when it's almost abvious that they got me beat). I've recently found that just doing this is not enough. I think I need to approach the strategy part of the game in a differant way.

What do you guys suggest? I really love poker and I'm serious when I say I want to get good at it. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
-Curvez

(Sorry about the English, I'm not the best)

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:20 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
Your english looks better than mine lol and im in the UK. I was in the same boat as you a long time ago where i ran good and made $60 twice on two sites and lost it all getting my money in with strong hands that would be a clear fold to me now in some spots.

Then i came to here and watched alot of vids and watched the hand replays and my game got better and better but it didn't stop there i ended up buying a ton of books and watching vids on other sites and its taken a long time and i still have much to learn.

If i were to start again and had no knowledge of poker what so ever i would read a few books and learn some stuff from this site and then get a coach, it would be quicker to learn for one and you wont get into bad habits along the way.

Either way you go about it this hobby of yours is going to end up costing you money to begin with, i was just lucky to start winning money straight away which has paid for my subscriptions and books and im about break even at the moment as i have spent a ton of dollars on all that content. Which might be the best way to do it because not all of us can get good enough or lucky enough to win at poker and getting a coach straight away is money out of your pocket.

There's just a thew things to think about but its no short journey learning to play poker its a very complex game, especially if you want to move out of the micros.

Good luck.

Old
Mon Sep 29, 2014, 04:50 AM
(#3)
Since: Aug 2014
Thanks a lot!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com