Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

JJ UTG vs MP

Old
JJ UTG vs MP - Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:02 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2013
Do you think its good to x/f JJ here no spade on this board?

Im assuming MP is good as the players are playing 500nl

2s 3s 5c 8s

So hero bet flop and x/f turn. I normally bet here but i can see a problem with that as we can get bluffed a ton on the river but at the same time i don't like to x/f JJ here.

I think its close but i definitely cant see myself x/f in other positions.

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:11 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Single-raised pot?

Jacks aren't beating much on the turn. If villain is a tight caller pre-flop, the turn check-fold is fine. I'm not sure if c-betting the flop is best, tbh. I think the optimal line starts with a check (it's hard to rep much with a bet OOP on that board), but I'm not sure if it's a check-call or a check-raise.

EDIT: Just checked with Snowbot. "Optimal" line is check-call, check-call. If hero c-bets, then turn is a check-call vs half pot bet, with 99 being bottom of range. Jacks should bluff-catch, but will have to fold to most river bets.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:38 PM
(#3)
Hey Arty

Yeah it was a single raised pot i was pretty shocked when he x/f turn seen as he has a pretty wide range for betting that turn from what ive seen.

So what is snowie betting for value, big pairs with a spade+?

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 04:48 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
** thread moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 05:04 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
So what is snowie betting for value, big pairs with a spade+?
Basically that, but it checks the flop at a very high frequency, because hands like KTs, J9s, A8s completely missed, and villain's range is a lot stronger on that board (mostly overpairs), so there's not much fold equity.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Sep 28, 2014, 05:09 PM
(#6)
Cool i need to check out snowie again soon, thanks for helping us out again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com