Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Full Ring 2NL zoom table AJo

Old
Full Ring 2NL zoom table AJo - Mon Sep 29, 2014, 01:19 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2014
In this situation,the PSO chart suggests that you should fold against raise with AJo but,zoom player seemed more loose than regular tables so I called.
On the flop the opponent raised and I called, though I didn`t hit.This is because he might bet as CB and I had over cards.
On the turn the opponent continued to raise, so I folded.
What is the correct line in this situation?

Old
Mon Sep 29, 2014, 03:48 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
** moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Sep 29, 2014, 03:55 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakurajinja View Post
In this situation,the PSO chart suggests that you should fold against raise with AJo but,zoom player seemed more loose than regular tables so I called.

I disagree. Zoom-players are often more tight.

About the hand, AJo is a call for me as well and I would play it pretty much the same way.

Old
Tue Sep 30, 2014, 12:39 PM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2014
There's nothing wrong seeing the flop in position with AJo. Blindly following the chart is not always a great idea. On the flop you had two viable choices, didn't go for either of them. Raising will fold all the Ax hands that missed the flop and the villain could very well have. By folding you get away from the hand losing the minimum.

Calling is not a very good idea. Few players fire only one barrel these days, so unless your hand improves on the turn you have no way to win the pot.

Personally I just fold here on the flop and move on.

Old
Tue Sep 30, 2014, 12:47 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
I disagree. Zoom-players are often more tight.

I totally agree with this comment. From what I've seen, zoom player are much tighter than std games.

Depending on if I had any info on the opp, I could call the flop bet and fold the turn or I could fold on the flop too.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com