Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1.10 MTT $750 Gtd - 1 hour late reg - 3hr bubble....

Old
$1.10 MTT $750 Gtd - 1 hour late reg - 3hr bubble.... - Tue Sep 30, 2014, 01:29 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Playing the field to survive. With QQ over 20bb we can sit out and min cash, or I'm past caring = nearly 3 hours...

The moment to go for it "we have QQ" or go home. We fold, one time = result. Came 83rd/1056 runners for $2.32 in the end.

Bubble nit with 50 to bust in a cash spot now. I see so many disconnects, time banks - nearly went on tilt and stacked off.

Good to find a fold on a time bank read.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...635_F050662329

Old
Tue Sep 30, 2014, 10:24 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Forrest,

Adikumar had a QQ hand recently where I suggested folding preflop. The basic gist is on a 25bb stack with a premium hand (JJ+/AK) I will need some extraordinary action sequence to find a preflop fold.

Here this would qualify for me IF the opener and button are tighter players. You aren't providing reeds so all I can say is this could certainly have fallen into the good disciplined fold category, but also could have been a significantly poor fold depending on reads (like if both were lags).

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com