Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

Women Only

Old
Women Only - Wed Oct 01, 2014, 02:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Why ; Are they less intelligent ; Are men less deserving of gender specific tournaments and leagues . Sexism? . You tell me.

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 03:05 AM
(#2)
Since: Nov 2012

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Mans Point Of View - Wed Oct 01, 2014, 03:50 AM
(#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn_akka View Post
I,d be lying if I said I didn't want you to play with me .

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 12:14 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2010
You should do your research - there is at least one MEN only tournament on PS. The reason they offer so many separate tourneys for women is to attract more women to the game. It's a marketing decision, not discrimination.

BTW, when was the last time you saw FT chat like this: gg, gl, bad beat gg, ul gg, etc.? You will see it in the community home games and the women's games, almost never anywhere else. Do you wish an opponent gl at a final table? It costs nothing to be encouraging, and helps make new players more at ease.

I've never understood why some men are so bothered about women only events. In the long run, anything that brings in new players is good for poker.

Old
Not even Full of it. - Wed Oct 01, 2014, 08:59 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy7108 View Post
You should do your research - there is at least one MEN only tournament on PS. The reason they offer so many separate tourneys for women is to attract more women to the game. It's a marketing decision, not discrimination.

BTW, when was the last time you saw FT chat like this: gg, gl, bad beat gg, ul gg, etc.? You will see it in the community home games and the women's games, almost never anywhere else. Do you wish an opponent gl at a final table? It costs nothing to be encouraging, and helps make new players more at ease.

I've never understood why some men are so bothered about women only events. In the long run, anything that brings in new players is good for poker.

When you find that MENS only, you will be named researcher of the year. Find a aged based or race based tournament while your at it . G/l . If this sites interest was more players why did they split the player pool by buying FULLTILT. I think you will find their main base for anything is more CASH ! I don't play for FUN and niceties at a table are for players that are not busy playing poker. Good Luck at your table.

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 09:19 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I know one called Cowboys Full. runs every week on Sunday.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 10:12 PM
(#7)
Since: Nov 2012
But 22 meandu i open to play poker with you ofc if you feel you are missing out. I am always open for challenge

Double Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 10:23 PM
(#8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
I know one called Cowboys Full. runs every week on Sunday.

John (JWK24)

He doesn't play for FUN John, the Cowboys Full is a FUN game using Play Chips, so that our friends in the USA can partake.

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 10:44 PM
(#9)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Curran View Post
He doesn't play for FUN John, the Cowboys Full is a FUN game using Play Chips, so that our friends in the USA can partake.

If you think I'm looking at ANY tourney as for fun, you'd be sorely, sorely mistaken.

buy-in don't mean anything Bill.... there are a number of players that will treat that the same as a higher buy-in major live cash tourney. use the homegames as an example

If I'm in something, I'm in it to win it, whether it's a freeroll or a WSOP tourney.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 03:01 AM
(#10)
Since: May 2011
I thought the boobs graphic was funny. Mine are very hairy - If it puts people off I'll take my shirt off online. So it's rubbish talking gender vs skill. Play with respect to everyone.

Now, I have to stop using the "donkey" graphic button in chat after a hand, are they well hung men or women?

Well, this isn't going to read good tomorrow. But respect, it takes time at the tables - it's a screen name and thousands of hands. Nothing to do with men vs women.

Basic poker.

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#11)
Go to Tourney Private and see [as a male] how many eligible games are there for you. Pink is Stink . I,ll stop this whinge when I see as many male [or at least one pensioner and two transvestite] only tournaments.
And thank you JWK24 .
Your pointless example leads me to believe your point of view is lacking intellectual cognitivity. Next you will be informing me of the fact that I can start a home game and invite my preference of shape, size or colour.

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 05:46 AM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2012
Why don't you e-mIl support@pokerstars.com to register your disgust at this?

PSO run tournaments are open to all, so whining (To use an expression close to that you used yourself) here about it doesn't achieve a lot really.

While I am neutral on the matter, Tournaments run if there is demand there for them, so there is clearly a demand for the tournament/s you are complaining about. Perhaps 'educating' the misguided people who are playing it would also be a better use of time?

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 06:05 AM
(#13)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Reminder to all

Insults in the forum directed at other members or staff will not be tolerated.

If you are going to post in the forum please do so with respect for other members. All posts are reviewed and any that are found insulting or offensive will be deleted and the poster will loose their forum privileges at PSO.

Thank you for your understanding.
Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 08:21 AM
(#14)
Since: Jan 2010
BronzeStar
Maybe meandu's gonna get what he wanted. All the women's club events seem to have disappeared this week.

Old
NO - Thu Oct 02, 2014, 08:39 AM
(#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkman61 View Post
maybe meandu's gonna get what he wanted. All the women's club events seem to have disappeared this week.
i want men only tournaments . :d

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 09:25 AM
(#16)
Since: Mar 2013
I agree with 22meandu in that it's weird and even a little bit discriminating that there are women-only tournaments, but not men-only. I am even kind of jealous because overall the women's club tourneys seem kind of soft and easy money.

On the other hand, I get that it's a great marketing tool for PokerStars and the tourneys aren't created with any sort of discrimination towards men, but rather to attract the female market. Men-only tournaments just aren't interesting for a marketing perspective, so they don't exist.

Add to that, regular tourneys are probably 90-95% sausage fests anyway. :P

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 10:16 AM
(#17)
Since: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22meandu View Post
i want men only tournaments . :d
Since the majority of poker players are men, there is no marketing incentive to target men in particular. If you feel so strongly about this, I suggest you post in the thread for the player meeting with this request.

@Darkman - I think they were cancelled due to poor entries, and they added a bunch of $0.11 and $0.55 re-entry tourneys. The only one I'll miss is the spades club with a $1.10 entry, the weekly tourney had nice payout.

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 11:10 AM
(#18)
(Super-Moderator)
**closed**

Super-Moderator

7 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com