Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

This hand ended this torunament

Old
This hand ended this torunament - Wed Oct 01, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
BronzeStar
Did I do anything wrong here apart from losing my stack that is.

Was doing pretty well until this point 15k entrants was about 2000th before this hand went out in 3713th place

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 01:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Just because you lost your stack doesn't mean you did something wrong. Correct plays will lose a % of the time and horrible plays will win a given % of the time.

There is one glaring mistake in this hand though and it's on the flop. Whenever 1/3 of my chips go into a pot, I'm pot-committed and cannot ever fold later in the hand. Due to this, I need to immediately shove when it gets to me on the flop.

John (JWK24)

P.S. If the opp wants to put their chips in as an 84-16 underdog.. I'll take it all day long.

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
At what % of stack would it be a case of being pot committed?

Yeah if I had shoved on the flop it might have been different, he may not have played as his shove may actually have been designed to shove me off the pot, no way of knowing of course but it is a possibility.

Old
Wed Oct 01, 2014, 03:52 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Anytime 1/3 (33%) of my remaining chips go into a pot, I'm pot-committed.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 03:17 AM
(#5)
BronzeStar
Will try and remember that, problem is at the moment I spend so long time trying to work out what I think they are playing, my outs, the odds on the pot and the size of the pot for bet sizing I usually have to hurry and forget to even look what my remaining stack is.

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 05:32 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK24 View Post
P.S. If the opp wants to put their chips in as an 84-16 underdog.. I'll take it all day long.
That's a little bit on the bright side... more like 67 - 32 underdog.
But I agree, shove on the flop for sure.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com