Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Zoom 6max - KK postflop play?

Old
2NL Zoom 6max - KK postflop play? - Thu Oct 02, 2014, 08:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012

Hi guys, here is the hand I would like to get some advice on, postflop.
Should I be the aggresor here or do I take a passive aproach?

villain is 23/23/1.5 on 22 hands

Thanks

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 09:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
You were the preflop aggressor. I would certainly cbet OTF and bet every following street until he shows resistance.

The problem I feel with playing as callingstation is that you gain no information about his hand. He could have total air, he could have a Q, he could have a flush. You just know nothing.

All you do is hoping he is bluffing and not beating you. OTR you face a tough decision and have no information what so ever.

I would have cbet flop.
- If cbet is raised, call. Check/call turn.
- If cbet was called, I would fire again OTT and call a raise if that comes.
In both cases prob check/fold river unless improved to flush.

Last edited by rkleefstra; Thu Oct 02, 2014 at 10:32 AM.. Reason: added: " unless improved to flush"

Old
Thu Oct 02, 2014, 09:38 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
I think I would C-bet this flop and then lead out on the turn if called. By just check-calling I have no idea where I stand in the hand. If raised on the flop, I'm probably pushing and hope the villain doesn't have a queen or a full house. When faced with a turn raise I'm probably folding as raising on the turn usually signifies a lot of strength.

Interesting hand, this.

Old
Fri Oct 03, 2014, 09:58 AM
(#4)
Since: Oct 2012
Thanks guys, I ended up folding so we'll never know what he had.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com