Old
what mistake did i made here - Tue Oct 07, 2014, 12:57 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2012
BronzeStar
hand 1

hand 2

hand 3

my post flop play really sucks ,have to work very hard if i wanna complete my bankroll builder challenge ,i need some suggestion ,so that i didnt make these mistake again

Old
Tue Oct 07, 2014, 01:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
what type of tourney is each from? what reads do we have on the opps? this is critical information that is needed to give you an answer. different tourney types have different strategies, so what may be right for one situation can be totally wrong in another.

Also, please keep it to 1 hand per thread in the future, so that we can keep the discussions on topic.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 07, 2014, 01:07 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
all 3 hands are from 25cent 45man SNG tourney ,ya sure i will post one hand from now onwards.. actually i dont have mutch read on the opponent but he was loose and i had been playing tight at the table

first two hand are consequtive hand of one tourney
and last hand was from another tourney

Old
Tue Oct 07, 2014, 01:10 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
IF these are from standard cash tournaments (if not then these answers would be totally different)

Hand 1 - on the flop, I need to size my bets based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 2 opps, I cannot bet less than 2/3 pot, so I need to bet 317 chips (not less). In most situations, however, if the opps are not known to fold to c-bets, I'm checking a non-made hand with a multiway flop.

On the turn, same thing. I cannot bet less than 2/3 pot with 2 opps.

The river is why I can't bet less than these... the opp was given the correct odds to stay in the hand and try to outdraw me and did, so I deserve to lose the hand.

Hand 2 - on the turn, I need to fold to this bet. I have 2 outs, so my hand is worth 4% equity. I need to call 50 into a pot that will be 400 if I call (12.5%). Whenever the pot equity is higher than my hand equity, I expect to LOSE chips by calling and need to fold.

Hand 3 - standard raise to 120 or fold preflop. On the flop, if I bet, I need to make a 2/3 pot bet (not smaller) due to 2 opps in the pot. When the opp calls the flop bet, I can't put another chip into the pot because the opp most likely has a K or a better Q.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 07, 2014, 01:15 PM
(#5)
BronzeStar
they are from 25c 45 man SNG

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com