Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Can I shove 44?

Old
Can I shove 44? - Wed Oct 08, 2014, 12:16 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
This is $1 buy-in tourny with 84 players, $100 Gtd (so bit of overlay) It is semi turbo with 7mins blind level. It is on some other website I played.

I am 32/44 right now and 9 places are paid.

I have 9BB with two limpers so there is already 525 in the pot including blinds, can I shove ?

I have zero fold equity I will pickup 1 caller for sure, maybe 2 also possible. But 1 is 100% could be the limper or the blinds.

I am on the button right now but BB will hit me soon like I can see 4 hands hands until I reach BB but who knows maybe I get dealt rags for the next 4 hands and couldn't shove anything.

Table is very loose and fishy so I am expected to get called by maybe 1 or both limpers. It will be no surprise if any of the blinds call as they can't fold suited cards, picture cards not even JTo. Any Ace they will snap call my all-in, JT+ 56s+ they will all snap call. Consider this the worst game in the world.

They can even open shove 100BB with A5o and then 78s will call him off. You will see people shoving J7s for 150BB and KJo calling it

Blinds : 75/150

My table is 7 handed right now.

My Hole Cards

Preflop

UTG: snehaullal folded
MP: Guthi77 folded
HJ: kjdsfsidfo called 150 (Stack Size: 2300)
CO: vanniyadevan called 150 (Stack Size: 1090)
D: adikumar2010 (Stack Size: 1330)

[Action Pending]
SB: stefen57 (Stack Size: 6300)
BB: vince (Stack Size: 2610)
HJ: kjdsfsidfo
CO: vanniyadevan

PS: Basically my shove has to go through 4 players, two blinds and two limpers with short stacks.

Last edited by adikumar2010; Wed Oct 08, 2014 at 12:40 PM..

Old
Wed Oct 08, 2014, 12:30 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2011
shuv it adi

Old
Wed Oct 08, 2014, 12:38 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
I am scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
shuv it adi

Old
Wed Oct 08, 2014, 02:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jul 2011
BronzeStar
easy shove :P i think you still have allot of fold equety and even when we get called we have a pretty good hand, i would be suprised to see overpairs in the limpers hands so it has to come out of one of the blinds, so even if we get it in we should be 50% most of the time. so for me easy shove :P

Triple Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Oct 08, 2014, 03:49 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adohole View Post
easy shove :P i think you still have allot of fold equety and even when we get called we have a pretty good hand, i would be suprised to see overpairs in the limpers hands so it has to come out of one of the blinds, so even if we get it in we should be 50% most of the time. so for me easy shove :P
^^This. You've tried very hard to convince that fold equity is zero, but in reality it's never zero when shoving 9bb's over 1. It's fair to expect to get called more often than normal perhaps, but that just means there are more flips and dominated hands we get it in against (A2/3/4, K2/3/4, 64, 54, 43, 22, 33 for example). Since our fold equity is some non-zero entity and our hand plays fine against their limp/calling ranges, I think we have an easy shove on 9bb's in a semi-turbo.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com