Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

good play?

Old
good play? - Tue Dec 10, 2002, 06:52 AM
(#1)
Deleted user
$50 $1000 added PLHE 5000 start chips

57sauce dealt down Qh Qc
Gem56 posts the big blind $200
Midnightsun folds
depraved folds
PLAYER raises $500 to $700
57sauce raises $600 to $1,300
Scarz folds
Gem56 folds
PLAYER calls $600
>>>DEALING FLOP<<< [ Ah 5s Td ]
PLAYER checks
57sauce bets $500
PLAYER calls $500
>>>DEALING TURN<<< [ Kd ]
PLAYER bets $3,900
57sauce called time
57sauce called time
57sauce folds
PLAYER takes back $3,900
PLAYER wins $3,900

Looking at the reraise preflop and the bet on the turn. Any thin To do better? player said he had AA.
--Matt--

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 07:24 AM
(#2)
Deleted user
No way he had AA. He flat called your reraise. If he had aces, he'd have been jamming it in. The more likely scenario is he had an ace, and hit. Maybe even a king, which he hits on the turn and decides to test you with. I don't think I even bet the flop there when he checks, if he wants to give you a free card, let him, maybe you hit a queen and take his weak ace out. You can try and represent aces on the flop, but the problem with that is a lot of people don't understand that play and are going to call you with any weak ace or draw.

No problem with your preflop raise - but I would have checked the flop and as you did, correctly fold on the turn.

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 04:23 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I got no problem with either play.

Preflop with QQ, you could have:

1) raised bigger
2) flat called

either are not horrible plays. I would have probably popped it a little bit bigger than you did, but....

Post flop, the $500 is not a bad bet. The player prob did not have AA as hazy said. If he did, he should have been trying to get all your chips preflop.

On the turn, GOOD PLAY on your part

Don't get stubborn with QQ or KK when an Ace falls.

Randy

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com