Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL Dealing with a Bully

Old
Question
2NL Dealing with a Bully - Sat Oct 11, 2014, 03:00 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2014

The guy is raising a lot so his range is pretty wide.He is in the CO.I am on the button with 5s 7s and until then i was raising only good cards so i wanted to mix it up a litle.He raised to 0.6$, i re-raised with to 0.18$ and then he 4bet small just 0.30$.
He was loose but to put in a 4bet i had to asume he had something like 88 99 TT JJ AK AQ and maybe QQ. I think he would 4bet larger if he had KK or AA. The flop comes 7h 2h 8s.
The pot is already 0.63$ and he leads into me with 0.61$.He c-bets with almost everything and on this board he would easily bet hands like AK or AQ, but also his big hands to protect them.I think he put me on AK or AQ and i sensed he was trying to scare me of the pot.The flop comes 6 of diamonds.This is my dilema:I am still working on calculating pot odds, the pot was about 1.60$ and i had 1.5$ left.He shoved, and i think given his hand range and his agressivnes and the outs that i've picked when the 6 came it was a good call.Also i was already deeply involved so i want to hear your opinion.

Last edited by danRa120; Sun Oct 12, 2014 at 01:55 AM.. Reason: Mistake in typing

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 11:41 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by danRa120 View Post
This is my dilema:I am still working on calculating pot odds, the pot was about 1.60$ and i had 1.5$ left.He shoved, and i think given his hand range and his agressivnes and the outs that i've picked when the 6 came it was a good call.Also i was already deeply involved so i want to hear your opinion.

On the turn: If we think that the villain has a hand like an over pair to the board like AA, or a hand that just has a pair of eights, then our equity to make a hand that wins is about 29%. If the villain has a hand like 86o that made two pair, then our equity to make a hand that wins is a little less than 23%. If the villain has a set with a hand like 22 then our equity to make a hand that wins is about 18%.

The pot odds that you are getting to make the all in call is sitting at about 31% (if I am doing this correctly, I am bad at math) so it's kinda close if he has an over pair, otherwise it's not very close. Luckily he was just going nuts with Ace high, and not even a flush draw.

Here is a link to a nice article on calculating pot odds: **deleted link per TOS JWK24**

T

Edit: Ahh, that sucks. It didn't even cross my mind that the link would be against the rules. I found the article again and I guess it does have some adds for other sites on the page. I will be sure to avoid posting stuff like that in the future.

Last edited by Tyirl; Sun Oct 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM..

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 01:31 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
I like your reads on the villain and mix it up with a 3bet. Facing the 4bet, not good at 2NL - but I've done far worse.

You can get away from this if you don't hit the flop big time. It reminds me of an home game hand $100K guest review on the "2+2 pokercast presented by the PokerStars VIP club"

Got the plug in there.

It was like 76s call 4bet flop the nuts and stack AA. But that's was a dream. To 5bet at 2NL, I would guess only 2 hands call. What else is there to mess around with.

PS. Just looked at the showdown 7 high is good and call a 4bet 2nd pair flop.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Oct 19, 2014 at 01:54 AM.. Reason: PS. showdown

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com