Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

JJ in trouble?

Old
JJ in trouble? - Mon Oct 13, 2014, 11:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It is $11 Phase tournament with 2 Day's (Phase 1 = Day 1 and Phase 2 = Day 2). I am playing Phase 1 where I need to survive 15 levels and it has 10mins blind level.

It is still early stages, I am not sure what to do.

Fold is nitty maybe I can 4-bet ?

I think calling is a bad option as the original raiser can re-pop plus I am OOP whole hand Postflop !

Old
Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:26 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Hi adi,

Was fun playing with you in the weekend. I ran JJ into AA twice in that game so probably not the best person to answer heheh.

Calling doesn't seem like that bad of an option to me. I don't think the original raiser 4bets very often. Think of a squeeze play the original raiser is the most likely to fold, they have the widest range.

I think they will often call behind if we flat call giving us pretty good odds on hitting a set.

4betting is also an option and because the raise sizes thus far are small we can 4bet to 1k or something and most likely get it heads up vs the 3bettor. But in this situation I think JJ would be difficult to play well OOP.

So I would go with the flat call.

Cheers
Andy

Quad Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:33 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
I agree with Andy. I think calling is the best option here.

If I did raise to 1250 (my std for this prior bet amount), do I really want to give away extra chips or put my stack in if the opp 5-bets me... no, as I don't like either option.

Since raising bloats the pot when I'm OOP (and won't guarantee me being HU later in the hand) and I have too strong of a hand to fold, the only option left is to call.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com