Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Shove or limp 66?

Old
Shove or limp 66? - Mon Oct 13, 2014, 02:10 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It is $3.30 KO MTT with around 500 runners. 10mins regular blind structure and 3000 starting stack. It also has $0.50 bounty on every player.

Should I shove here or overlimp? I have 19BB, still far from ITM.

Old
Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:01 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adikumar2010!

With a small pair, when I get two limpers in front of me, since the stacks are deep enough to setmine, I'm going to call here and play fit/fold on the flop. If I hit a 6, I'll stay in the hand, if not, I'll fold.

Even if I decided to make a standard raise, this bet would not pot-commit me, so shoving is out of the question, especially with a very marginal hand.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:10 PM
(#3)
Since: Mar 2011
Can we shove 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs ?

Old
Mon Oct 13, 2014, 03:28 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikumar2010 View Post
Can we shove 88+, ATs+, AJo+, KQs ?
It's too many chips to shove ANY hand. When playing tournaments, I only want to shove when a standard bet pot-commits me and that is definitely not the case here.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com