Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL zoom: TJs from UTG

Old
2NL zoom: TJs from UTG - Tue Oct 14, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2014
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...559_CD53C19EC9

So i opened this hand because in my experience zoom play is much tighter than regular play. It's unfortunate that the really short guy shoves but since the other guy and I are deep stacked I called.

The flop comes out really great for me but given the action I wasn't really sure wether or not shoving was the right play. Once he raised i figuered he could have either KQ, AQ of clubs, a set of 4s and maybe some other kind of draws.

Was it OK to shove here or should I just have waited untill I made my draw to get the money in? If a 9 or an ace were to come my hand would be pretty disguised so he would stack of easily.

Old
Tue Oct 14, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
**moved to Basic Poker Hand Discussions **

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 14, 2014, 04:53 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm not sure if JTs is an open from UTG in full ring, though I personally would do it, because I like high suited connectors like JT.

Rest of the hand I think is pretty perfect aside from actually shoving flop rather than leaving a little behind. You just have so much equity against a lot of his range and he is clearly interested in playing his hand too.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com