Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl - utg min open, we call bb K6s - lost value by raising the cbet

Old
2nl - utg min open, we call bb K6s - lost value by raising the cbet - Wed Oct 15, 2014, 02:26 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Seeing an unknown no reads, opens utg 4cents. Well only 2cents to call it's cheap with Kc6c this could go bad oop. Do we ever fold a suited King.

Standard cbet from our villain. So to "game flow" betting line check to raiser, flop K84 (8h4h and Ks) - well we are stuffed now. Top pair bad kicker no clubs.

Just auto raised the cbet to push them off their hand. Thinking do we lose value by doing that on the heart draw out kicked on the King?

Ok, we can fold to any raise on 44/88 nut draw - if we think they have it! But that's small #combos then add AK+, get it over quick or lose value at 1c/2c by raising the villain on the flop?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...518_6E0A83BC7A

Just blogging after, bad brain dump.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Wed Oct 15, 2014 at 02:32 AM.. Reason: raising on the flop is probably bad

Old
Wed Oct 15, 2014, 03:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Calling 2 x with K6s in the BB can't be a bad thing. Raising the flop is. You raise to get this over, that should never be a reason.
You could well have the best hand here and if not, you loose extra value by raising.
He might call with an underpair or a FD but will you be certain enough about your hand to withstand any heat on further streets with such a bad kicker?

I would check-call OTF and prob OTT unless an ace drops or we improve. If he barrels 3 streets, I'm folding river.

Old
Wed Oct 15, 2014, 05:39 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I think the hand is just bad, to be honest. I don't like calling an UTG raise with K6s, we don't flop anything worthwhile enough of the time. Even if it is just 2c extra to go.

Raising gets action from better and worse folds to the flop raise.

Just call flop, if you're ahead he might still bluff or value bet worse, but your hand isn't that great of a value hand.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com