Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

kings on the butter.

Old
kings on the butter. - Wed Oct 15, 2014, 08:45 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2014
WhiteStar
I was delt kh-kd on thr button blinds were 10/20. utg raises 3bb next 2 fold & the cut off went allin, with2000. I checkd my cards n I had ks-kq. I made the call because this guy was a loose n aggressive player n I noticed he went all pre fop with big range down too as low as 5-4's. No need too tell u that the flop came down 2-Q-A makeing him trip aces..
My question is did I make the wrong call? Any help would be apprecited,,!

THANKS FOR ANY REPLYS...
:

Old
Wed Oct 15, 2014, 08:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Against a loose opp, I'm never folding KK in that situation. I'd call with AA, KK, QQ and maybe, depending on the rest of the table JJ.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 03:11 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
If the player was that loose I am pretty happy getting my KK in vs him/her. I was planning on 3 betting the utg player and most of the time we have the all in player crushed here. There is only one player I have run into that I would just fold the KK when he opens because he only plays aces or kings.

The villain is allowed to have aces but if his range is that wide over the long run we are going to win a lot more chips against him/her in this spot than we are going to lose.

Old
cheers! - Tue Oct 21, 2014, 04:21 PM
(#4)
WhiteStar
Tkns for reply, I totaly agree with u ,,,

Old
cheers - Tue Oct 21, 2014, 04:23 PM
(#5)
WhiteStar
Thanks for reply,, its good to know im nit the only one this happens too!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com