Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

JJ's played too long I think

Old
JJ's played too long I think - Fri Oct 17, 2014, 08:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
BronzeStar
Pocket J's in the CO, 3 limpers before me so I bet 6x BB BB raises 43c probably should have folded to this cbet as villian had following stats VP15/PF15/AF6.0 although this was only over 20 hands so not garanteed to be accurate.

I called and flop couldn't have been any worse As Kc 7s so flush draw out there and two overcards to my pair and both within OP's range OP bets about 1/2 pot and I call.

Turn gets worse when another Ace comes OP checks so I check behind as I suspect I am way behind here.

When the river comes it gets far worse with the Qs completing any spade flush draw and any 10J straight draw and 3 overcards to my pair.

OP goes all in so I fold.

Question is should I have got out of this sooner, like folding to the flop bet??

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 10:51 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
fold flop.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 12:40 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Agree with John on the flop.

At these stakes to go for a re-raise and stack off pre, you could be good. HUDs and 15/15(20) sample is not enough and AF post flop irrelevant? With my bad hat on: to suggest getting the money in pre, maybe?

With my good hat on: JJ are an over pair to play to the board. The price you call the 3bet pre, 31c to set mine still isn't looking good. So to cover/effective needs $3.10 for 10-1, I'm looking for more implied odds ($4.50 deep).

I don't know how my devil stacks off pre and the angel says - stop do you want to see a Jack or A/K/Q.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Oct 18, 2014 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: it was 31c call $3.10 - $4.50 deep

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com