Home / Community / Forum / Poker Community / Challenges & Battleground & Member Blogs /

50$ to 500$ till end of the year

Old
50$ to 500$ till end of the year - Fri Oct 17, 2014, 01:47 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014
BronzeStar
Hi,

I read about boku87 and very much impressed. So I have decided to start with low range challenge. After thinking I have decided to convert 50$ into 500$ till end of the Year(Dec-2014).

Initial plan is play 0.50 STT with 9 players. Daily target is play 20 STT.
Once reach to next 100 buy in I will start to play higher level games.
I want to follow 100 buy in rule & Max no of players allowed is 180 players.

Please give me suggestion to achieve this target.
Thanks,
Sandip504

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 02:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Mar 2011
Good luck you have less then 2.5 months.

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 02:28 PM
(#3)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by adikumar2010 View Post
Good luck you have less then 2.5 months.
Thanks Adikumar2010!

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 07:07 PM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2011
Hey sandip504,

Increasing your bankroll ten times in only 2.5 months is very hard imo. First of all: are you playing 6-max, 9-max? And are you multitabling or singletabling? Regular/turbo/hyper?

I think if your multitabling and playing really good, you can expect a ROI (net profit divided by total amount buy-ins) around 10%. I this case I'm talking about the STT's. If you play one table at a time, your ROI will be higher, but your hourly winrate will be lower. If you're common with multitabling, I would strongly advice multitabling. You're ROI will be a little bit less than singletabling, but your hourly winrate increases = more profit. You always want to maximize you hourly winrate. To make it more clear:

If a players can win with an ROI of 10% at the $55 games by playing 10 tables at once, assuming each set of 10 games lasts one hour, he will earn on average $55 per hour. The same player is also capable of playing 20 tables but when he does his ROI drops as low as 6%. Although his ROI has dropped significantly, he is actually earning more money, in fact he's earning $11 more per hour.

In your case, you're planning to play 20 games / day. Let's say you want to double your initial bankroll in one month (from $50 to $100). This means you can play 600 games (30 days x 20games). Over this 600 games, you want a profit of $50. The total amount of buy-ins are $300 (600x $0.50). This mean you need a ROI of $50/$300 = 16.7%. Although I'm not sure what the average ROI at the $0.50 STT's are, I am sure that reaching a ROI of 16.7% is hard.

Taking in mind that you need a month, while you only have 2.5 to complete the whole challenge, with a ROI of 16.7% to bring your bankroll from $50 to $100 it is safely to say to you need to adjust your challenge requirements.

Some tips:
- Play more games/day if you can. As I told earlier, a higher winrate = more profit.
- Extend the time limit of your challenge to half a year - a year ? Depends on the amount of games/day, multitabling or not, buy-ins etc. etc.

Please ask if you have any questions

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 07:15 PM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2011
BTW: If you want to build your bankroll from 50$ to $500 by only playing $0.50 STT's against a 10% ROI, you would need to play:

0.1 = net profit / total games x buy in == 9000 games. Which means you should play 120 games/day to reach your before the end of the year. A higher ROI would of course result in a lower amount of games and counterwise.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 01:35 AM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by 95NiX View Post
BTW: If you want to build your bankroll from 50$ to $500 by only playing $0.50 STT's against a 10% ROI, you would need to play:

0.1 = net profit / total games x buy in == 9000 games. Which means you should play 120 games/day to reach your before the end of the year. A higher ROI would of course result in a lower amount of games and counterwise.

Thanks for your valuable information. I will try to play 120 games/day.
Initially Will start from 20/day and will increase till 120/day. I will start from today. I am playing 9 players STT's.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com