Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Are these stats good?

Old
Are these stats good? - Fri Oct 17, 2014, 06:26 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
Not a big fan of cash, but I feel like I played well today. This is for 5NL Zoom, 4-tabling.

I think I'll have to try cash again if I get that kind of results.

Old
Fri Oct 17, 2014, 08:12 PM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2014
37BB/100 is incredible. It wouldn't be bad if you could see hole cards

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 12:57 AM
(#3)
Hehe, Fishwick, thanks, but the only thing I am wondering is how sustainable or repeatable this is!

Will try again and post the result if I see they're encouraging.

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 04:33 AM
(#4)
Since: Apr 2013
Hi,

Great results so far. Within these results did you bet for thin value, or are all these big value hands?

The results could be short term variance; keep getting hands and playing well with them. The only way to truly know if this isn't down to variance is play more - a lot more. Report back after 100,000 hands and see then.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 06:09 AM
(#5)
Since: Dec 2011
they're fantastico!!!!!!!

I didn't see you in the 82c games yesterday, this explains why!!

Keep going Nat!

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 11:04 AM
(#6)
Thanks Matt,

It was a mix of everything: thin value, fat value, stronger vs strong, etc...

Yep the risk for the downside appearing is a fact and so I will looking at all ways to tame the variance if possible. Will definitely have a go at playing a good number of hands and see how my performance is to get a better idea.

It will certainly take a number of hours, and it will be interesting to see how long I can grind with a proper energy-level and focus. Moreover, it will be good to see at what times the play is more profitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pullin1988 View Post
Hi,

Great results so far. Within these results did you bet for thin value, or are all these big value hands?

The results could be short term variance; keep getting hands and playing well with them. The only way to truly know if this isn't down to variance is play more - a lot more. Report back after 100,000 hands and see then.

Cheers,

Matt

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 11:07 AM
(#7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeaselBasher View Post
they're fantastico!!!!!!!

I didn't see you in the 82c games yesterday, this explains why!!

Keep going Nat!
Thanks WB. Will keep updates on the experiments. As long as I'm bankrolling up for MTTs eventually, I'm good.

Got another T$11 this morning but too tired to play this morning: ended up trying the 5.50 but ended up stacked AQ vs AJ, the latter turning up 2 pairs.

I was eyeing the 8.80 too, but left it as I won't be playing my best game.

Rest is in order this morning (had a good friend's 45th birthday bash last night), and if I'm good this later today, I may take either MTTs a go or else just the Cash sessions.

Cheers.

Old
Sat Oct 18, 2014, 05:13 PM
(#8)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Am having trouble keeping track of all your poker accomplishments nataraj lol!! You'll have to excuse me if I start missing one or two, here and there

The stats look fantastic!! GL GL!!

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 12:56 AM
(#9)
Thanks TrustySam, but frankly I'm just experimenting: I have nowhere near as much data needed to know I am doing good or where I should focus.

But.. I am thinking about it. I think perhaps a forthcoming mini-challenge will involve cash games.

Cheers.

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#10)
Since: Apr 2012
2k means nothing. Next 2k you will be down to zero and that will mean nothing either. 100k hands its the minimum.

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 06:19 PM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
2k means nothing. Next 2k you will be down to zero and that will mean nothing either. 100k hands its the minimum.
I agree. While it's great in the short-term, hand quantities not in upper 5 figures, to 6 or even 7 figures for hands... isn't very relevant.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 02:38 PM
(#12)
100K hands is good for a good idea of longer-term win rate?

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 04:16 PM
(#13)
err...yes, pat on the back to you though

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 11:59 PM
(#14)
Hehe, thanks WB.

Actually, I have been analysing my wins at Zoom for these sessions and a few other losing sessions. Zoom is a particular animal. There's a lot of interesting things going on in these winning sessions which could form the basis of a good strategy for Zoom.

As an aside, Zoom 5NL builds up FPPs/VPPs quite fast.

So, I am thinking of doing cash sessions, but not sure they're going to be Zoom or not.

Zoom is fast, so that's good, but the fact that the player base plays differently from normal games and that I'm HUDless on Mac makes it a particular endeavour.

I am more inclined to use Cash within the framework of improving my MTT performances and less inclined to getting a validated win-rate over 100K hands.

This said, with a good set of hands, I can also use PT4's LeakTracker to plug leaks which will be valuable anyway.

The reason I started Zoom was to see if my game had improved and one other thing on my mind is to improve my post-flop play. Various people say to play 6-Max cash, Heads-Up Cash or Limit....

Old
Wed Oct 22, 2014, 03:20 AM
(#15)
Nat, I use Poker CoPilot HUD on my Mac.

Well worth the initial investment, you can try it for free for 30 days

Last edited by WeaselBasher; Wed Oct 22, 2014 at 03:32 AM..

Old
Thu Oct 23, 2014, 05:37 AM
(#16)
I had tried it once, but stuck with Poker Tracker, which is awesome.

Old
Thu Oct 23, 2014, 05:43 AM
(#17)
PT 4 is HUDless for Zoom only if I'm not mistaken, got my HUD working for everything else.

Old
Sat Nov 08, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#18)
Since: Feb 2012
Tsese are my longterm results at 2NL playing a LAG style (about 21.000 of them are zoom hands)

Old
Mon Nov 10, 2014, 03:07 AM
(#19)
Very nice graph, Maniac86!

Can't say I'm anywhere near this amount of success in cash games. If you have some strategy tips for me, I'm all ears.

Old
Cool
Crushing Micros - Thu Nov 13, 2014, 05:44 AM
(#20)
Since: Feb 2012
I can't really tell you more than you already know but if you want an advice anyway I would tell you to prefer high VPIP tables and try to avoid nit tables.

Here are some thoughts about mirostakes...

I can't explain why but since last year I started to play 2NL I have noticed that there are too many nits at the tables. I play 6 tables and every table has at least 3 of them.
They have less than 12% VPIP, some of them are passive post flop and some others are aggressive but all of them are very predictible and by playing a LAG style I have managed to play profitable against them and all the other unskilled players in the game.

Some people say that is impsossible to bluff profitable at microstakes, this is a misconception and I can guarantee that and I'm not saying that it is possible to bluff the biggest calling station that you'll find out there, of course this will never happen.
What I'm saying is that if you can identify the style of each player you will find some opponents that are very bluffable and are even easier to get bluffed than the average player at higher stakes and the reason is simple, they are not skilled players and they will catch your bad moves less frequent than a better player at mid stakes, so it makes it easier to bluff them and more profitable than most people think.

Another reason that a LAG style is profitable at micros is because t allows you to play more hands against the fishes.

Here is an example: We are in a 6 max game and and we have these opponents... 2 TAGs 25% VPIP, 1 Nit 15% VPIP (oh yes they play 6 max too in micros), 1 Maniac (not me :P) 60% VPIP and 1 Loose passive fish 80% VPIP.
My own VPIP is 35-40%... who you think that will be able to be at the most pots with the maniac and the fish, me or the TAGs?

Against the maniac most TAGs will wait for a good hand and they will 3bet him, he might play back sometimes but he can fold too and they will have wait for another big hand.
What I prefer to do is to limp or call his raises with my whole range as long as we are deep enough and try to outplay him postflop, remember I might play a lot of hand but my range is still tighter than his.
And here is a trick... I'm not forced to win the very first hand I will play against him (I have many chances against him anyway) but I will raise him on the flop if I have air or bottom pair or even an underpair, If he raises I will fold, if he fold I will show him the bluff.
(The worst case is when he will call beacuase I will have to fire at least 1 more barrel and if he calls again I propably abord the mission but this will not happen tooften against such a guy because they rarely call because they like to lead.)
This will set him up for later and this will also look at the eyes of the TAGs that I play the same wild style as this guy (also the Nit will sometmes write "lol" at the chat :P)

Against the fish, if I notice that he's a calling station, well I think I don't need to say what I will do. I will bet anytime I think I win and check everything else.

Against the Nit, I will try to win small pots against him, these guys are very bluffable at early streets but if they manage to see the river after calling 2 barrels it means that they have something strong (exept the times that they have the nut flush draw or the nut straight draw and they missed it).
If they raise and then check the flop they have nothing or they just check the nuts to enduce a bluff because everyone folds at their bets whatever they have I will put 1 bet at this spot, this is profitable in the long run.

The TAGs, each one of them is differrent so I can't say what it works and what doesn't everytime.
I try to adapt my style considering how they play and what they believe about me. Most times I manage to exploit my wild image and get paid because in micros they made big mistakes (for example they lose 150bb with pocket Aces because they fail to maintain pot control).

So this is it for now, I would like to discuss more and listen to your approach at the game!

Last edited by M@NI@C86; Thu Nov 13, 2014 at 05:47 AM.. Reason: spelling

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com