Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl - Tweet: In bb red KK 3bet btn open flop 795ccc We have no clubs bet...

Old
5nl - Tweet: In bb red KK 3bet btn open flop 795ccc We have no clubs bet... - Sat Oct 18, 2014, 12:04 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
Translating the tweet note / boom link: In the bb with red KK we 3bet a btn open and flop 795ccc, we have no clubs and cbet...

Flop was 795 all clubs, we can't redraw to better than we can represent. Turn Ace river Ace check down...

Well that was lucky! So how should we play the hand? Not cbet as the aggressor? When the turn Ace comes - rep it by betting? Or check call a bet oop?

We check to showdown. Standard, anything you would do different?

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sat Oct 18, 2014 at 12:18 AM.. Reason: embed boom works

Old
Fri Oct 24, 2014, 08:10 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
So how should we play the hand? Not cbet as the aggressor? When the turn Ace comes - rep it by betting? Or check call a bet oop?

We check to showdown. Standard, anything you would do different?

I think you played it correctly. The hand is made much more difficult because it has to be played OOP, but there is nothing we can do about that here.

On the flop I think it's a good idea to c-bet to charge possible draws especially singleton clubs. Maybe could c-bet a little smaller, but at least something over half the pot in my opinion.

On the turn I think it's good to check and probably call at least once if it's a reasonable size. If we bet here then we are potentially just folding out hands that we are beating like smaller PP that didn't flop a set, and giving value to many hands we are losing to like that possible singleton A of clubs that he was calling on the flop with or actually flopped sets, etc. Sets aren't going to fold because they think that you just paired your AKo and they are going to get even more value on a safe river card. Stuff like that.

On the river since he checked back the turn I think it's a check/call of a reasonable bet size, but it's probably close. It could be a check/fold also, it just depends on what you think at the time I guess.

What did he have? I'm gonna guess TT with the T of clubs.

T

Old
Sat Oct 25, 2014, 12:42 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
Thanks Tyirl for looking at this hand,

You were close on the pair, they had Jack of clubs.

*** SUMMARY ***
Player 3 mucked [Jc,Jd]
ForrestFive showed [Kd Kh] and won ($2.28) with two pair, Aces and Kings

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com