Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Victim of Fancy Play Sydrome

Old
Victim of Fancy Play Sydrome - Sun Oct 19, 2014, 06:28 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's $5.50 Red Spade Open satellite with 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack. So in between turbo and slow games.

I called the check raise shove of the flatter which mostly will have 99-AA or AK in my experience saying that is my call fine?

Was it necessary for me to 3-bet there and then call 4-bet shove?

And the 4-bet shove of not the inital opener but the flatter.

I am a victim of fancy play sydrome executed by Mr.Vampire

PS: I am not really happy to spew 50BB with QQ. Under 35BB maybe I can shove QQ above then I need AA KK but this was a perfect trap.

Sometimes these kind of hands make me do same FPS play but then JWK tells me it will be disastrous mostly as I will end up trapping myself. But I think FPS should be allowed like some of the time if not often

STATS :

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 09:02 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi adi,

On this depth of money, I think both flatting and 3-betting are valid options with their own merits. Given this is a $5 RSO satty with a healthy population of weaker players during the opening levels, I prefer to push the envelope of my premiums early on, so I like the line you took better than flatting.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sun Oct 19, 2014, 10:37 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2011
On a cash table 2c/5c 100bb deep with $5 feeling this is sometimes ok - it has to be a flip AK or beat AA/KK. Deeper stack cash players may go with QQ 200bb deep. So that's scary.

In a tournament, don't go mad with 50bb (we have some space) or the go big or go home dynamic? Well that's scary too. The small sample on the AA trappy over call - you probably can't get a read from 13 hands.

Did you take a note on that villain.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Sun Oct 19, 2014 at 10:49 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com