Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Take my chances or blind out?

Old
Take my chances or blind out? - Mon Oct 20, 2014, 10:01 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2011
It's $5.50 Red Spade Open satellite with 10mins blind level and 1500 starting stack. So in between turbo and slow games.

I am 10/12 and only top 7 gets the seat.

Should I shove here & take my chances or keep waiting to blind out?

What does his min raise from SB implies !! He has monster stack he could be bullying shorties with a crapy hand as he doesn't care if he loses the hand as he is the chip leader.

STATS :

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 12:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi adikumar2010!

When the opp min-raise opens from the SB, the bet sizing here doesn't mean anything (unless it's totally out of character for them). Due to the stack sizes, they basically should be opening ATC here and doing so with a min-raise is a totally standard play. If I was in the SB, I'd be raising and wouldn't even need to look at the cards that I have.

Sitting 10/12 with only 7 paid, I need to be looking for spots to gain chips. Since the opp should be doing this with ATC, when I go to pokerstove, QT is a 57% favorite against this range.. so since I'm isolated and ahead of the opp's range, my chips are going in the middle every single time here. I don't have the time to wait and need to take a chance to pick up chips.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com