Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Team Online Pro week : 4nl zoom - is ok to post VS Pro ?

Old
Question
Team Online Pro week : 4nl zoom - is ok to post VS Pro ? - Mon Oct 20, 2014, 01:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2013
Hey guys,

Is a hand played vs the pro a go here ? Even if limits are below 10NL ? (if not please move)

Thanks and regards,
Shoim

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 01:54 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
**moved to more appropriate forum since not 10NL or above JWK24**

Hi Shoim!

Please use the Basic Poker Hand Discussion section for all hands lower than 10NL.

Thanks,

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 02:39 PM
(#3)
Hey John,

Thanks.
Well the following hand came up during the session :
PokerStars - $0.04 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $8.56
SB: $1.54
BB: $5.20
Hero (UTG): $6.00
MP: $5.61
CO: $1.13

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.04

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.06) Hero has Q Q

Hero raises to $0.12, fold, CO calls $0.12, BTN raises to $1.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.00 and is all-in, CO calls $1.01 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.40

Flop: ($13.19, 3 players) A 8 A

Turn: ($13.19, 3 players) 9

River: ($13.19, 3 players) 6

Click to show hidden text

My question in this spot is rather general and is about pre-flop action.
MP3 raises, short-stack calls in the CO, BTN 3bets - sizes it big.
MP3 knows Pro is isolating and can do that with a semi-powerful range.
Let's try and put everyone on a range here :

MP2 OR: 55+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KJo+,QJo
CO call : TT-22,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,87s,KJo+,QTo+,JTo,T9o,9 8o
BTN 3B : 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+

Now MP2 decides to 4b, I know for PRO has 4 hands on me, all of them not played directly.
Question is, because I want to know the reasoning, what range (regardless of stake) a 5bet shove is in order ?

And the hand :

Hero raises to $0.12, fold, CO calls $0.12, BTN raises to $1.60, fold, fold, Hero raises to $6.00 and is all-in, CO calls $1.01 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.40

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 02:39 PM
(#4)
Hey John,

Thanks.
Well the following hand came up during the session :

My question in this spot is rather general and is about pre-flop action.
MP2 raises, short-stack calls in the CO, BTN 3bets - sizes it big.
MP2 knows Pro is isolating and can do that with a semi-powerful range.
Let's try and put everyone on a range here :

MP2 OR: 55+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KJo+,QJo
CO call : TT-22,KTs+,QTs+,J9s+,T8s+,98s,87s,KJo+,QTo+,JTo,T9o,9 8o
BTN 3B : 77+,ATs+,KQs,AJo+

Now MP2 decides to 4b, I know for PRO has 4 hands on me, all of them not played directly.
Question is, because I want to know the reasoning, what range (regardless of stake) a 5bet shove is in order ?

Thanks and regards, Shoim

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 04:18 PM
(#5)
Hmm, why this was posted twice I have no idea

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 04:52 PM
(#6)
Since: Apr 2012
I've only found one game today within the Team Online Pro Week. Is there any kind of schedule or is this simply random? There are not just enough games during the day. Bad promo...

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 07:39 PM
(#7)
Since: Feb 2013
Ahh man so confusing

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 08:43 PM
(#8)
(Head Trainer)
Hey shoim,

I don't really understand your question, I see the same hand 3 times and there's no MP2, I see you raising UTG with QQ, CO calling, pro (I think) on the button 3-betting to a gigantic sizing, and you 4-betting all in.

I think your play is fine. I would expect the pro's range to be value heavy here, expecting lots of action from micro-stakes players taking a shot at him, and I like moving in with QQ+/AK.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 11:41 PM
(#9)
Since: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlopes View Post
I've only found one game today within the Team Online Pro Week. Is there any kind of schedule or is this simply random? There are not just enough games during the day. Bad promo...
Today, the pro was @innerpsy but I don't follow pros on twitter. For 1 hour a new stake 2c/4c Zoom NL 6-max appears, you will find the game and "Team Pro" on your micro stake Zoom filter - depending on the time zone.

I didn't play a hand against him but was up $1.55 so probably no chance my profit in a session to win... something against other randoms in the pool at that time. Unless the promo is just hands played against the pro? So that for me would be zero.

PS. Follow the main @PSTeamOnline

LOL can I ever embed a tweet - no, Advanced help? Can't even find out how to do "hidden text"

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>1st Zoom Challenge of Team Pro Online Week starts in15 mins. Show net profit vs <a href="https://twitter.com/innerpsy">@innerpsy</a> at 0.02/0.04 6max and get 7x your profit</p>&mdash; Team Online (@PSTeamOnline) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSTeamOnline/status/524240687492243456">October 20, 2014</a></blockquote>

Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Oct 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM.. Reason: PS follow

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:26 AM
(#10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
I think your play is fine. I would expect the pro's range to be value heavy here, expecting lots of action from micro-stakes players taking a shot at him, and I like moving in with QQ+/AK.
But in this format when we win 7x the pot vs the PRO, don't we have to shove more lighter than QQ+? Don't that change the value of our hand?

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:27 AM
(#11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForrestFive View Post
Today, the pro was @innerpsy but I don't follow pros on twitter. For 1 hour a new stake 2c/4c Zoom NL 6-max appears, you will find the game and "Team Pro" on your micro stake Zoom filter - depending on the time zone.
I don't have twitter. I know that today flixx will play, i think at 2pm et, same hour that yesterday pro.

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:32 AM
(#12)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
But in this format when we win 7x the pot vs the PRO, don't we have to shove more lighter than QQ+? Don't that change the value of our hand?
If you win 7x the pot when you beat the pro, then yes you should shove significantly wide. In fact this would mean to me the pros range is completely value heavy with his huge 3b sizing, but regardless you can shove profitably with any 2 cards getting 8-1 on your money. No hand is even remotely close to an 8-1 dog vs. the pros range.

Edit: if you win 7x the pot, the final pot will include your stack + his, so you are actually winning 14x the effective stack. If this is how the promo works, shove any 2 when the pro commits himself imo.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 01:29 PM
(#13)
Hey all,

In this spot I would've expected the pro to have AA / KK at least. I was asking this because I see a fold option on his side (I would like to mimic his play in this spot - isolating - and couldn't find a call vs 4b shove) that is all.
As for the multiple posting I don;t know why it happened, but my browser froze at a point and had to refresh when posting.

Thanks and regards, Shoim.

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 05:11 PM
(#14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLangolier View Post
If you win 7x the pot when you beat the pro, then yes you should shove significantly wide. In fact this would mean to me the pros range is completely value heavy with his huge 3b sizing, but regardless you can shove profitably with any 2 cards getting 8-1 on your money. No hand is even remotely close to an 8-1 dog vs. the pros range
I don't think it's 7x the pot this is what they say

Quote:
Exclusive Micro-Stakes Zoom Poker Challenge
During Team Pro Online week, each member will play a one-hour Zoom poker session in special $0.02/$0.04 games. Show a profit versus the Team Pro Online member and win seven times that profit as a cash reward.
So i guess it's 7x the profit, so we whin 7x is stack (- rake). We should still be shoving very light. And the value range of the pros should be wider than normal, right? Note that it's 7x the profit of the session. So if we win the first stack shoving light, the next time we meet the pro we should be trying to protect that profit and not going crazy with hands. Is this correct?

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 05:24 PM
(#15)
(Head Trainer)
Yes I would say that's right.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 07:14 PM
(#16)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Quote:
MrFlopes, Lex Veldhuis is playing 2c/4c plo *right now* - one the one hand it's pretty cool, because there's only a couple of hundred people in the pool, so you run into him lots.

On the other hand, it's scary to play Lex!

Also, every hand is playing like this - 6-handed, which is a bit strange lol (and then there's lots of talking in the chat-box from me due to nerves, etc )

Anyone else in the pool? Haven't run into anyone from PSO yet

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com