Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NLH ZOOM I overplayed AKo and lost

Old
25NLH ZOOM I overplayed AKo and lost - Mon Oct 20, 2014, 04:42 PM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2013

I am playing 25NLH ZOOM and don`t now almost anything about opponents.
I 3bet the 2 raisers for protection and also because i was out of position.
After the flop i was not so happy and i checked, he checked back and after this move i put him on an AJ,AQ,AK type of hands.
I bet the turn and i was 3 betted. I pushed all in becouse i thought i was ahead or he has also AK. He masked very well his hand and i lost the hand.

I`ve done it corectly?

Old
Mon Oct 20, 2014, 11:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi sharp,

You bet the turn, he raised, and you 3-bet all in. Your reason for pushing is something to reflect on. You said you felt you were ahead or tied. The problem is, even if that's true, he won't call your 3-bet shove. When you push, he will only call you when he's got you beat. So if you feel that strongly that he's raising as a bluff, it's better to call and check/call reasonable river bets.

That being said, I don't think we are ahead here too often. It's better to bet/fold on the flop imo, than check it and bet the turn... he will call us down with any pair now with this line. And since he has a very easy call with any pair, his turn raise is likely a strong hand... it's ok just to give this up when we get raised until we have reads that the villain likes to make moves.

Tweet this hand on Twitter using the Tweet button above for a chance to win a seat in the next $5,000 guaranteed Big Bang tournament. You MUST include #LearnPoker and @PokerStarsPSO in your tweet. Winners will be notified by email every Monday. Good luck!

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com