Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Could I have folded this?

Old
Could I have folded this? - Tue Oct 21, 2014, 04:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2014
BronzeStar
Guessing I shouldn't have playerd this out of position.
Opened UTG with KJo and villian_8 called and villian_9 3bet with a less than raise. I call and villian 8 called.

villian_8 stats vp50/pf0/af1.0
villian_9 stats VP62/PF33/AF0.5

Flop came 8h Kc Jc giving me top 2 pair but adding a flush draw to the board, I bet 871 villian_8 folds and villian_9 calls.

turn is 10s now adding straight draw to board. I bet 1531 and villia_9 calls all in for 1,319.

Villian turns pocket jacks for the set.

Some advice on whether I should have folded this earlier, I suppose the key points are whether I should have played KJ UTG and whether I should have called the 3bet, although the 3bet was so low I felt I had good odds.

Old
Tue Oct 21, 2014, 10:22 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
KJ is way too weak of a hand to be opening from UTG... muck preflop. I'll open KK or AK.. that's it for kings from UTG as the others are too weak.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com