Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

Probably just a coincidence

Old
Probably just a coincidence - Tue Dec 10, 2002, 03:06 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
:?: :idea: I just realized that Pokermats has an alterego. New player at the site with the name stamrekop. Hmmmmmm. Probably just a very very strange coincidence. :lol:

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 03:20 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
i would hazzard a guess that as pokermats is a rare name that stamrekop is pokermats (spelt backwards) and i would urge PSO to check this out before the big one 2 as both players have a seat in it.
and i would also like PSO to check out any tourny that both players have played in (with regards to pokermats sponsorships)

ty for pointing it out beeker.

a simple ip check would help work out if the players in question are from same next of the woods.

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 04:25 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
While it seems odd for pokermats to have bizarro player here at PSO, I doubt that there will be any relation between the two.

Peace, Starrs LSOGC

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 04:34 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
When asked about this is a game, Stamrekop stated that his "name" was misspelled and should have been "Stanrekop". He also said he had emailed PSO about correcting it.

8O

'Goddess

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 04:39 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
poker nats?

i dont understand it

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 04:50 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
i talked to him a week or so ago at the tables. he said his name is stan. and he wanted to be different. we talked for a little while, as i really was looking to see how good his english is. (i am not knocking you pokermats, i think it is awesome you can speak 2 languages) but stan speaks fluent english, or at least types it. i am positive that these are 2 different poeple........

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 05:25 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
Iron, he wanted his name to be

STAN then poker spelled backward REKOP.

When he entered his name in, he typed STAMREKOP, rather than stanrekop.

rotaggr

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 05:27 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
someone told me that i should come read the forum something i had never done because of this message here so i decided to see what was going on. unfortunate coincidence can not even begin to describe what this is. my name is stan towner and i joined the poker school at the end of the november after having played around with a different name on the free side. i wanted my name to be different so i decided i would use my first name stan and poker backwards which is rekop or stanrekop. i filled out the form went through clicking all the buttons and finished up. i hit the confirm button without even realizing that i had hit the m button instead of the n button. anyone who types without looking at the keyboard like i do can realize how simple of a mistake this is. since i have been playing at the school i can say a lot of the fun has been taken out of it for me. people have slung accusatory remarks at me left and right over and over again and when i explain myself they doubt me. i have emailed pso and have been told that i can not change my name once it has been entered. i will be ending my membership at the end of this month and will not play in the big one 2 thing i played in the qualifier because i was bored. maybe someday ill play here again but i can assure you that ill be much different with my name ill try something boring like stanley.

stan towner

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 05:48 PM
(#9)
Deleted user
Mr. Towner. My humblest apologies to you. I never meant this post to be anything other than recognizing the "amusing" coincidence in names. Not knowing you other than from the tables, I certainly never meant to cause you any conflict, and was unaware that others had questioned you about it. Having read your reply, and having read Pokermats' postings, there is no way anyone would confuse you with Mats. Please stick around.

:wink: As the Big One II is anticipated to draw about 750 entrants boredom will be the keyword of the day. You earned the spot, take advantage of it. By the way, the Forum offers many more interesting thoughts than the one I posted.

Again Stan, sincere apologies.

Phil Burch

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 05:58 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
Stan, ask again about changing your name, and point out these series of posts to the forum.

I would think they should have no problem changing your name to stanrekop.

Best of luck with it, enjoyed it when you have been at my table.

Randy

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 06:18 PM
(#11)
Sailor Moe
(Sailor Moe)
Since: Jun 2010
Stan, you can change your name but you need to wait till after the big one is over. You will lose everything you earned in old name.

If you pay monthly just join under the name you like....I would think the 1st of Janurary would be the time 2 do it.

I'm told Mark is going to start all ranks over new on the 1st of Jan.

Good luck! See you at the tables

Sailor Moe

2 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 06:23 PM
(#12)
Deleted user
Stan,
Don't gooooooooo. We need all the nice people here we can get, and when I've seen you at the table, you have fit the bill !!
Just cause people are paranoid, doesn't mean "they're" not out to get us!!!!.....lol

8O

'Goddess

Old
Probably just a coincidence - Tue Dec 10, 2002, 07:15 PM
(#13)
Deleted user
Echoing Poker Goddess Don't go! I have played several times with you. You are tops in my book. Please Stay!

Gem 56

Old
Tue Dec 10, 2002, 07:52 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
Stan

I have no problem with you

... but if anyone named revor shows up here I will kick their A$$.

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 05:25 AM
(#15)
Deleted user
stan from reading your post it easy to see you have a totally different typing style to matts and i am 99.9% sure your not the same player.
that typo when joining is very confusing though and you must be able to see why some of us are suspicious. a simple IP check by the staff would have comfirmed that you weren't matts.

sorry for any offence i caused in my posts please accept my appoligies and play in the big one

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 07:43 AM
(#16)
Since: Jun 2010
WhiteStar
Stan:

I think you should stay. I think in the long run you will have an enjoyable experience here. I know I have!!

It was just an amusing coincidence. We welcome you to the school with open arms!!

Sincerely,

.M traB

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 10:02 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
Stan, I think you should stick around, too. But this post brought up an interesting question that I have had since joining PSO. I am aware of at least 2 man/wife members here, and I am sure there are others. Not to mention possible roommates who also both have memberships. Doesn't this raise the possibility of collusion? PLEASE don't get me wrong! I am not accusing ANYONE, nor do I have any suspicions of anyone here. But if 2 people are sitting at the same computer, multitasking with 2 different PSO windows, doesn't that give them an unfair advantage, by being able to see the extra cards that have been dealt out? Is there a way of controlling this? I guess I should also ask, being somewhat computer ignorant, if this is even possible?
Once again, I want to say that I am NOT accusing, nor do I have any suspicions. This is just a question I had since joining.
GL at the tables!

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 10:32 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
Quote:
Is there a way of controlling this?
Yep! It's called "mutual trust" and is at the basis of all human agreement.

It is the foundation of the internet "global village" idea and on the whole it works.

Many of us have cohorts in the same house (maybe even the same room, though in the case of me and my son Fillmore it's actually separate buildings) and the idea that any of us would even look at the other's cards (especially when at the same table) is repugnant and largely unthinkable.

This is the bugabear of online poker - but the most cursory appraisal of the literature shows that it is just as likely to be encountered in live play.

Some people go 70 mph in the 55 mph zone, others fudge a bit on their income tax returns, and unfortunately some cheat at poker.

But it takes much of the fun/challenge out of the game for most of us and worrying over it is probably more painful than whatever losses are suffered therefrom.

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 11:01 AM
(#19)
Deleted user
Quote:
Doesn't this raise the possibility of collusion
Management and most members have already agreed that it does not exist at PSO. Good news for my team.

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 11:35 AM
(#20)
Deleted user
As I said before, I have no suspicions of anyone, and have NOT seen anything suspicious in my few short months that I have been here (except for some players who will play and call any 2 cards and still seem to stay atop the rankings). And if Management and Members have agreed that it does not exist, THAT is good enough for me!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com