Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6max 10nl, AKs in SB vs UTG OR and overcaller

Old
6max 10nl, AKs in SB vs UTG OR and overcaller - Tue Oct 21, 2014, 12:06 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2012
SilverStar
Let me begin by saying that I am a FR'er looking to make the transition to 6max.

I've been playing 10nl zoom for a couple days now and am off to a decent start.

Problem is there are plenty of spots where I am not sure if I am under/over adjusting my game (from fullring).

This is a spot where I think I may have over adjusted but would like some opinions.

I've only played 2500 hands so far so I have little to non info on players but I do know UTG is a 1 tabler and caller 2 tables.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Fri Oct 24, 2014, 10:38 PM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2012
I think this spot is villain dependent leaning toward caution due to the OR being UTG. I haven't played much full ring, but I guess that UTG in full ring is probably more respected than in 6 max. Despite this, in 6 max it's still UTG. When you squeeze there you look pretty strong. When he 4bets to more than 3x of your 3bet even though there is another guy in the hand on the BU then that looks like he wants to get it in vs your strong range to me so that's kinda scary.

Old
Sat Oct 25, 2014, 01:49 PM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2014
Like Tyirl said this is very opponent dependent but I would argue for a 3bet and fold to a 4bet. I really don't see this guy playing a worse hand like AQs this way. I think they can still call your 3bet with worse hands so 3betiing for value is the way to go but I'm definitely folding to a 4bet.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com