3bet 20
cbet 50

to the Boomplayer

greezzz

Old
Fri Oct 31, 2014, 02:05 AM
(#2)
Since: May 2012
I would have put him in on the turn. I might have raised a little bigger pre if he is defending wide and often, but I like the 2.5x for the most part.

Old
Fri Oct 31, 2014, 02:18 AM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
the only two value hands he has on the turn is K4 and K9 the rest of his range are worse aces and semi bluff imo. he never has AK or KK because he 3 bets those hands pre so the turn is the decision point and with his stats my chips are going in the middle.

Old
Sat Nov 08, 2014, 11:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2012
A LAG opponent means that you will have to pay him off sometimes. I think you played it well but the call on the river depends on the history that you have with this player.
If you think that he's capapble to bluff so big or he he would make this play with AJ or less then you must call. The fact is that if he had an Ace at all he propably would have 3bet preflop so when I see a minraise no the turn I put him on a flush draw (diamonds) with a pair of 9's or he has a monster like a set of 4's or 9's or just K9 or even K4.
The river is a 3 of diamonds and is a very bad card but actually the fact that it's a diamond is good for you because it gives you the oportunity to fold.

You can't beat many hands that show this kind of aggression at these spot and the fact that you can't put this guy on a specific range makes the decision even more dificult than it is. So all come back to players and you have to ask yourself if he would bluff so big at this spot.

Of cousre this opponent seems to play even worse that I think he would but in general is ok to fold top pair sometimes against a check/raise on the turn, most people don't bluff as much on the turn like he did and with this kind of hand you will usually be behind when all chips get in the middle.

Of course in zoom the only thing that you have is his stats because you don't see how he plays against other players... we can't have it all!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com